Southwest to Newark!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Basically? All of them.

They let the RJ's take all of their flying because they were "too good" for that crap.

Unlike Southwest Freaking Airlines Pilots who own it! If it's going to be done in our house it's going to be done with our seniority list.

And they think they are going to take it back now? Yeah, OK.

Gup

Here here ! Let us now return to discussion of SWA out of Newark and see if we can cease the junior high locker room put downs. We are on 1 page of "gee, SWA is gonna fly out of Newark" and 8 pages of "my airline is better than yours" crap

jus' sayin

Here here ! Let us now return to discussion of SWA out of Newark and see if we can cease the junior high locker room put downs. We are on 1 page of "gee, SWA is gonna fly out of Newark" and 8 pages of "my airline is better than yours" crap

jus' sayin

I thought we were bustin' on GL & his ice cream stories?

well I suppose we were ! GL is sensitive we don't want any harrassment lawsuits filed

I mean 300K to be FO on a 73 into LBB would p1ss off most folks, so I understand....

Exactly as it sounds...a supplemental carrier that operates internationally. I didn't think I'd have to spell EVERYTHING out for you.

Suddenly starting to become worried about those Delta passengers on your aircraft if you're unable to figure some of this stuff out. (see I can be overly dramatic, too)

Ummmm riiiiiight. Can you give men an example of an INTL supplemental carrier? Never ever heard of it. You mean like Miami Air that flies 738s in Europe during the Summertime??

Was this a Mom and Pop operation? Did you do the dispatching, lav dumping, and then catering at the same time (in that order)? Sounds appropriate for you. As Robin Leach would say to you, "Apropos"

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
That's all you got General? Really?

You are just too easy. I crack the door and you go busting through it with our commercials and your seat back entertainment? Really?

You are truely out of touch with the traveling public. It must be the riverboat jacket and hat are too tight after all your sundaes.

Try this..

Your ticket agents are rude. Flight attendants are rude.

The passenger don't like to be gauged at the counter over their bags.

The gate agents act like the passengers are a bother for them.

Flights are NEVER held for late connecting passengers....and the gate agents say 'too bad you didn't make it', then go on break.

Flights are cancelled routinely without regard for passenger accommodation.

This is what happens at YOUR airline everyday and you don't care. It's incredible. You come back with 'yeah but we have seat back entertainment'! Yea, that will fix it...

Truely out of touch. I guess I shouldn't complain, its great for Southwest business model, that takes care of their CUSTOMERS!!

Job security is a beautiful thing, thanks General.

You sound like a GIRL. Thanks for all of your emotional riffraff about customer service. Hey, get back in the cockpit and worry about not bouncing your landings like you guys always do. And, how about NOT going for that first intersection at LAX on 24R and making a smooth landing for once, instead of scaring everyone in the back? A friend of mine flew on one of your flights and said people were screaming because the plane hit the brakes so hard to make the turn off. Gimme a break. As your crazy ticket lady states on TV "We're not saying the others are bad, we just slam on the brakes to make sure we can get to the gate fast enough so the FO can run to McDonalds and get the Captain a fish sandwich..... We're AWESOME, and Redflyer is one of my boyfriends, along with Whateburger and SKC, all at the same time. They are AWESOME together. THEY ARE AWESOME at the same time........" Yikes, that lady is NUTS.

Bye Bye---General Lee

We do get profit sharing checks.

GL, do you ever lay awake at night wondering what it's like to work for a company that is consistently profitable? A company that you never have to wonder if the check is going to bounce? A company where furlough isn't as commonly used as bid packet? Hopefully mother Delta provided a binky for you in those scary times.

Maybe you need to look at current financials. DL has more cash on hand than Southwest, is very close in market cap, and will have another huge quarter, making more cash than SWA by far. $90 million was placed into the profit sharing section for employees for last quarter, with the same amount probably for Q3. I think you may want to watch CNBC more oftern, or just read Yahoo finance. Really. And, DL is hiring currently. How about SWA? When will you guys hire again? Larry said not through 2012. Stagnation......

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Nice job showing your ClASS again. We run 3200 flights a day. 1,168,000 take off and landings a year. We have had a few problems, but for the most part have a bad-ASS safety record. I've seen the news reports. Fortunately a few horrible incidents have not defined a remarkable airline.

Once again:

Job security, paycheck, employee relations, one of the top companys in the US to work for, 35 yrs of annual profits = SWA.

In your next contract...LOL, LOL, LOL, HA, HA, HA, HA, LOL. Right around the corner right?

Speaking of RJ operators, how many RJ's have your sack-less pilot group and alpo allowed to be farmed out in the delta system?

I guess you haven't seen lately that the RJ problem has taken care of itself. Comair will be cut in half. (49 50 seaters will go away) Freedom Air stopped flying two days ago (22 ERJs gone). More and more are going away, and DL has divested itself of all other RJ operations (Compass and Mesaba). That argument of yours is getting weaker.

The Next DL Contract will start talks within the next few months, and is due to expire in 2012. How long will it take? Good question. Lots of growth in the mean time, with a lot more planes coming. How about you guys? A lot more planes and new 738s? Will they replace old 733s and 735s? Yeah. Oh well for you guys.

And your safety record is ok, but your mx record SUX. Should I bring back the article that stated you had 47 planes flying around that should have been checked for cracks, and 6 actually did have bad cracks? Would you like me to refresh your memory? Quit bragging. For a company that is so rich and gives dividends every quarter, how about complying with FAA MX procedures? Come on now.

Bye Bye--General Lee

well I suppose we were ! GL is sensitive we don't want any harrassment lawsuits filed

I mean 300K to be FO on a 73 into LBB would p1ss off most folks, so I understand....

300K to be an FO at SWA? Really? How many hit that number? APC says the top pay rate at SWA is $144 an hour for an FO 12th year. To make 300K as an FO you would need to make atleast $25K a month. Sure, people can get overtime etc, but $25k every month for a year? Captains can probably do it, but FOs? Come on now. Really, try to be a bit more realistic. SWA is a high paid regional, flying one plane, forever, with 25 min turns and multiple leg days to West Texas towns. That is the truth. Apples and Oranges compared to a good legacy. Really--no comparison, and the TV commercials are sooo stooooopid.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back