Southwest Surpasses 3,000 Daily Flights

canyonblue

Everyone loves Southwest
Total Time
15000+
On Tuesday, Southwest reached a key milestone when we surpassed the 3,000-daily-flight mark. After beginning service 34 years ago with only three airplanes and three Texas cities, reaching 3,000 flights with a network stretching from coast to coast is truly an achievement to be proud of. With that many flights in the air, by the time our last flight lands out West, it's almost time to start the new day on the East Coast.

labbats

Zulu who?
Total Time
Congrats!

roughneck

Total Time
In EPT two weeks ago they reaffirmed the rumor that we will pass 4500 flights a day in the next 36 months.

Mr Hat

Total Time
(Dancing around the room!)

Gratz SW guys and gals! Hope to be helping you make that 4500 daily departures here in the near future!

Buckaroo

Total Time
With 4,500 flights a day, no one will ever be able to compete with us in the domestic market again. We are going to put all other carriers out of business.

jbDC9

Total Time
Buckaroo said:
With 4,500 flights a day, no one will ever be able to compete with us in the domestic market again. We are going to put all other carriers out of business.

Dude, shut the hell up with sh!t like that.

Ass.

FlyBoeingJets

YES, that's NICE
Total Time
>5000
Buckaroo said:

Sounds like sarcasm. Or worse, the arrogance of youth.

FatesPawn

HVAC Commander
Total Time
9000+
>>Originally Posted by Buckaroo
With 4,500 flights a day, no one will ever be able to compete with us in the domestic market again. We are going to put all other carriers out of business.<<

7 total posts.

Flame bait.

Fate.

Buckaroo

Total Time
FatesPawn said:
>>Originally Posted by Buckaroo
With 4,500 flights a day, no one will ever be able to compete with us in the domestic market again. We are going to put all other carriers out of business.<<

7 total posts.

Flame bait.

Fate.

No flame, just facts.

Read it and weep

mdf

Total Time
Buckaroo said:
No flame, just facts.

Read it and weep

Please, do everyone a favor and stop with that!

You definately don't sound representative of "SWA", and I highly doubt you work there!

BeCareful!

Total Time
Buckaroo said:

Oh Goodie! That will be the bestest, happiest day of my life, Uncle Martin!

skykid

On Point
Total Time

Are there enough trailer parks in the US to sustain 4,500 flights a day?

I'm joking of course. A SWA captain I was jumpseating on told me one day "Everytime I take off there is an empty trailer park somewhere." Obviously he was poking fun at himself because I've seen all kinds of folks on their planes, and a lot of rich folks in Cali. You wouldn't know it from the tv show though.

General Lee

Total Time
A lot
Buckaroo said:

What an azz. No room at major hubs, so a lot of those new flights will be at Midland Odessa. The MAF to PHL flight should be fun.

Bye Bye--General Lee

waverunner

Total Time
Buckaroo, If you are really a swa employee (I kinda doubt it), you need to take a chill pill and get off your high horse because we ain't immune here at SWA. Quite frankly, attitudes like yours really worries me. "Put all other carriers out of business" Puleeeze!

TexaSWA

Total Time
-
Any acknowledgement just encourages him. I dont really think anyone believes he's with SWA.

PilotAg

Total Time
General,

The dude is being pompass, however, nice jab at us in whole. There is plenty to room to grow at hubs. PHL, PIT, MDW, BWI, MCO, LAS, and coming soon, DAL just to name a few. Midland, geez.

PurpleTail

Is that RMB or USD???
Total Time
6500TT
Keep up the great work SWA! You do a bang up job and have a very good system. You are always courteous when I need to j/s to home/work and your non-stop flights back to Texas to see family are always the least expensive.

Thanks, PT

SWA/FO

5 Star Senior Member
Total Time
>12000
Hey they are selling trailers in Malibu for 1.4 million.... I just saw it the other day in the USA Today.

mdf

Total Time
SWA/FO said:
Hey they are selling trailers in Malibu for 1.4 million.... I just saw it the other day in the USA Today.

Now we probably fly the highest percentage of millionaires then any other carrier!!