• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest 'Small Plane' Commercials

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How could they come up with that? It isn't like you're guaranteed a ride on an Airbus if you book travel on you're website. You could still end up on a B1900 flown by Great Lakes right? Or an ExpressJet E145. Or a Q400, maybe, eventually.

Well um, since the as was made by SWA and they don't contract with anyone I guess that means you will definately get to ride on a 737. Unless of course you buy a codeshare ticket on ATA over to Hawaii. Either way, no rj rides from SWA's website.

Well um, since the as was made by SWA and they don't contract with anyone I guess that means you will definately get to ride on a 737. Unless of course you buy a codeshare ticket on ATA over to Hawaii. Either way, no rj rides from SWA's website.

Well um, the person I replied to works for Frontier and they said "I soooo wish my airline had come up with these." I included that in the quote box and thought that would make it apparent that I wasn't referring to SWA. Oh well. I was talking about Frontier. Not SWA.

Trust me, if you fly on a Southwest 700 on a transcon flight (LAX-BWI or PHX-BWI), you feel like you are on a small airplane after about an hour or two. Same deal at Air Tran on the 700.

Trust me, if you fly on a Southwest 700 on a transcon flight (LAX-BWI or PHX-BWI), you feel like you are on a small airplane after about an hour or two. Same deal at Air Tran on the 700.

Still a hell of a lot better than an RJ. We used to do flights in the CRJ-200 that blocked at 4 hours. Absolutely miserable.

And it's not just SWA or AAI, either, by the way. CAL is flying 737s on some of the same flights, and DAL is starting to take the 737 on some pretty long legs. With the end of the 757 production line, the stretch 737s are the new transcon narrow-body.

Latest resources

Back