Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest slam clicks- c'mon captains....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looks like most of the guys are ready to flush ALPA and PCL at the same time. Nothing like a Fat turd circling the bowl.

You're still missing the point. The goal isn't to strike, the goal is to get a good deal. A PEB can be a way to achieve that. The deal struck after the PEB in '97 at American is a perfect example.

You still don't understand the process. Before the NMB even issues a release they undergo an impact study to ascertain what the impact would be to the economy and the transportation system. That's just part of their due diligence. The NMB is also in constant contact with the White House, so it's not something that they just suddenly call the President about during a cooling off period. The President's chief counsel or Chief of Staff would have alerted him to a cooling off period long before it was actually issued. But the White House's goal is the same as the NMB's: get a deal reached without a strike. And this is the part you need to remember: sometimes a release is the only way to reach a consensual deal. That is the NMB's calculation. The NMB will release you into a cooling off period when they believe that the release is likely to lead to a deal so that the labor unrest can be cleared off the government's table. A release is never issued if the NMB (or the White House) believes that a strike is the likely result of the release. The release is there to apply pressure to both sides to reach a deal.
You keep agreeing with me while telling me I'm wrong.

As I have said from the very beginning, there won't be a strike! The NMB and PEB will not allow it. That is their function.

I'm telling you you're wrong because you seem to think that that's a problem. It's not. It's part of an effective process, and you have to know how to use it in your strategy.

Just flew two week of PMs with three great captains, never made it to the bar, always late, hotel bar always closed. Welcome to the new norm.

So I assume you never had a drink with those great capts?
Shall I post a pic of a six pack of mini's and tell you that room parties do still exist? And they aren't normally even orgies- or even in rooms at first- just a crew hanging out down by the pool or some other common area
The new scoreboard norm has been that way for ever if you live on pacific time and head east. Show a little ingenuity man-
I hear if you're worried the SWA Gestapo will get you for grabbing drinks off a plane that you can pick up those minis at a liquor store for .75-$2 and throw them in your tennis shoe, nice and protected.

If you're tired, go sleep- but the pathetic excuses that somehow blame SWA need to stop.

New norm??
For you maybe

"Room parties" with minis? For f&ck sake, get a life.

So I assume you never had a drink with those great capts?
Shall I post a pic of a six pack of mini's and tell you that room parties do still exist? And they aren't normally even orgies- or even in rooms at first- just a crew hanging out down by the pool or some other common area
The new scoreboard norm has been that way for ever if you live on pacific time and head east. Show a little ingenuity man-
I hear if you're worried the SWA Gestapo will get you for grabbing drinks off a plane that you can pick up those minis at a liquor store for .75-$2 and throw them in your tennis shoe, nice and protected.

If you're tired, go sleep- but the pathetic excuses that somehow blame SWA need to stop.

New norm??
For you maybe
Dude, chillax, sorry I rubbed you wrong. :)

I thought the thread was about slam clicking when the point is it's really about the reality of being late. Not blaming SWA, just noting when you get in after hours, with nothing open, and ten hours to report again, you're done. Mini's at room parties are so 70's and will get you a noise complaint these days. The SWA of starting flying at 8AM and done by 10PM ended years ago.

Yes, plenty of work arounds and I/we do them, but not if you're inside 12-10 hours to report, I like my job:)

It is the new norm, sorry it busted your bubble.

Last edited:
"Room parties" with minis? For f&ck sake, get a life.

Exactly; instead of unwinding and socializing with your crew for a little bit, it's much better to go to your room alone and get on FI.com.

Latest resources

Back