• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Two-9-9-TwoSet

webmaster
Hi Guys,

I just wanted to ask anyone who has knowledge about getting an interview at SWA..if someone meeting their minimums with a 737 type, how long does it usually take to get an interview after sending in the application (considering they are interviewing at the time).

Thanks in advance.

2992Set !!

Reply 2992set

2992set,

SWA hasn't conducted interviews for several months (since early April I believe). Whatever answer you might get from here would be strictly conjecture since it has been so long since we've conducted interviews. Whatever the timeframe was before it wouldn't apply at this time since the PD have had apps piling up.

My best guess (only a guess) would be once new classes start up on a regular basis, one could expect to start interviews with 6 weeks to 2 months of that point. With the current number of folks swimming in the pool even with 2 classes a month through the end of the year it would take until early '03 to drain the pool. In the past the min time to get from app to class was probably 6 months. That was when there wasn't a waiting list. No telling how many apps w/types are waiting for the call.

We have in the past interviewed up to 100+ in a month. Again, not knowing how many folks w/types are out there an educated guess would be difficult. Expect something with a year from now if you are only now putting in your app. It should occur in less time but there are too many variables to figure a more accurate timeframe.

Wish I could be more specific but again mine is only a guess.

Latest resources

Back