• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest purchases LaGuardia Slots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
this is going to impact SWA's ability to quick turn no?

They have given up on controlling turn times and have just added 15 or 20 minutes to every turn in the past 6 or 8 years. I rarely do less than 35 minute turns these days.
Gup

I'm going to go out on a limb and state that SWA's taxi SOP's in the FOM are going to have to have a separate paragraph for LGA ops.

And you don't want to in LGA either, especially in the Summer months. You melt into ruts in the taxiways so deep it takes gobs of N1 just to get rolling :(

Last edited:
Well, my insider was correct except for the date. I suppose PHL did not satiate our hunger for delays. Might be time to approve single engine taxies.

I'm just stoked to get to hang out with the Gen on his 37 hr overnights before he flies to Paris or Ireland. I can't wait to share my 1-2-3 rule with our Delta brethern and hear Ernest Gann type descriptions of what it is like to fly "across the pond" and what type of life exists East of 30-West. What hotel does Delta use?

I've heard Delta LUVs sharing the same van as the the WN crews.

Lookin' forward to it. Is it delta that has in their contract that they dont have to share a bus with someone if they dont want to?

Huh? Back in my domestic days we used to share the van to Springfield, MA with Southwest people. Never had a problem.

And for some reason Whataburger, I just don't think we will be sharing time in Paris or Dublin (haven't done those lately, rather farther East in Europe, those are worth more--Prauge, Rome, and Zurich lately). If you want to jumpseat to any of those locations, feel free, we will welcome you with a smile. And if you need a tan that isn't produced in ELP or PHX, then come on down to Buenos Aires---we have great 37 hour layovers down there and it is heating up as we speak. Very cute women to look at too.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back