• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest purchases LaGuardia Slots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
were not done yet. first we go LGA and wet our feet then well go to JFK to hunt down the General!

Most of my flying is out of ATL, although I occasionally do a 6 day trip that does a stop in JFK in the middle (I love long Manhattan layovers, great food). I don't think ATA went to ATL and had any gates or slots of course (non slotted airport). Too bad!! I am still waiting though for nonstop Rome to Lubbock. I will be the FIRST to bid that bad boy! Those Tech girls are HOT......(I married one BTW)

Bye Bye---General Lee

Up Yours

They should have chosen JFK instead. The runways are much longer.

You are too young and experienced now to realize it yet but you have just given yourself a bad case of kharma.

Until you have walked a mile in a man's moccasins...

I certainly hope you lose that pompous-a$$ attitude and realize bad things can happen to good people that are trying to do a good job.

You may need that extra 500 feet one day but then again where you fly it is probably sunny and 80 degrees everyday...oh but that was probably only on Microsoft Flight Simulator? I am sorry. Keep dreaming about what it takes to be a real airline pilot.

Get back to the regional board idiot!

Thank God the ATA employees are not included, I would hate to leave my present job for Southwest.

Esprit

Huh? Back in my domestic days we used to share the van to Springfield, MA with Southwest people. Never had a problem.

Bye Bye--General Lee

That's because you just sat there with your jaw open in awe of the company. Either that or you thought I'd bitch slap you if you said anything.

Thanks for ONCE keeping your mouth shut.

Gup

That's because you just sat there with your jaw open in awe of the company. Either that or you thought I'd bitch slap you if you said anything.

Gup

I like the General's "back in my domestic days" comment. Gotta hand it to him, he always can find a way to slide one in !

For all you smart folks:

1. Where do yo think we'd go with only 7 flights? MDW?

2. Do any international/etops ops come with the ATA certificate?

Kind of interestiong how we are going to airports with one gate and 7 flights and one city to connect to. ie MSP, LGA

WWHD?
What Would Herb Do?

Gup

Of all the braying jackasses in this thread, you certainly brayed the loudest . . .

Always funny to watch the other airlines start to squirm when Southwest announces they are starting flights to a new city, just like when they started to go into PHL and USAir thought they would be run out out of there by WN's what.. 4 flights a day when they started compared to USAir's 300 flights a day.

a PM is really gonna become a PM if your last day goes through LGA. Instead of "try to catch the last flight home", it'll be "go to the crew room and get 4 hours sleep" just like back in the regional days.

Of all the braying jackasses in this thread, you certainly brayed the loudest . . .

My vote is for the General. I picture him mowing his lawn in uniform and constantly checking over his shoulder at the turns to see if there is anyone watching that he can engage in conversation about his job. "Yep...just mowing the grass here...oh...hi...didn't see you standing there...off to Rome later today..."

Latest resources

Back