Southwest purchases LaGuardia Slots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For all you smart folks:

1. Where do yo think we'd go with only 7 flights? MDW?

2. Do any international/etops ops come with the ATA certificate?

Kind of interestiong how we are going to airports with one gate and 7 flights and one city to connect to. ie MSP, LGA

WWHD?
What Would Herb Do?

The BK docs indicate SWA will get the Operating Certificate, Manuals and Opspecs. That means they could go International/ETOPS with the approved aircraft very soon if they desired.

http://docs.bmcgroup.com/Ata_Airlines/docs/insb_1-08-bk-03675_955_1.pdf

What the hel! is going on at SWA? 2 new codeshares, RJ partner rumors, ATA certificate (read alter ego) and pilots in negotiations. Sounds like SWA employees are headed for a large dose of airline management reality. Good Luck!

Yeah, okay, riiight. Next. sounds like you have already seen the world in your BE1900, your E145, and now your 737. Good for you.....? LBB is right up your alley.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Nah, I'm just typed in the 737. Still seein' the world in my EMB145. It's quite obvious who my first choice of employement is, but Delta would be alright too. Really have no use for 6 day trips though. And no real desire to do that long haul type of flying either. I don't want to be away for 6 days even in the nicest layover in the world. If I want to go somewhere nice for 6 days, I prefer to take my family on days off.

That being said, General, you do consistently crack me up with your anti SWA stuff. Unlike most here, I can take a joke and I enjoy the pot stirrers like Pocono and Tanker Clown.

I think that the General Lee was on a Lubbock overnight when a couple of cowboys slid across his hood, climbed inside him, and drove him hard through the back woods!!??

LOL... Yeah I noticed. Ole Johnny is baaaaaaaaaaack. Once you get in the club it's almost impossible to get kicked out. Just Gary's way of saying thanks I guess.

Gup

Thanks for what?

Dismantling ATA from the inside and handing Gary the prime pieces??

Lubbock does suck.

But then, do does the General, so I guess the two go together.

Do DOES? Huh? What a dumba%$. You can't even slam correctly. You obviously did NOT go to Texas Tech.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Nah, I'm just typed in the 737. Still seein' the world in my EMB145. It's quite obvious who my first choice of employement is, but Delta would be alright too. Really have no use for 6 day trips though. And no real desire to do that long haul type of flying either. I don't want to be away for 6 days even in the nicest layover in the world. If I want to go somewhere nice for 6 days, I prefer to take my family on days off.

That being said, General, you do consistently crack me up with your anti SWA stuff. Unlike most here, I can take a joke and I enjoy the pot stirrers like Pocono and Tanker Clown.

Well, I am glad you are entertained. That is mostly my point here. Some take it seriously, but I do not. As far as 6 day trips go, they aren't that bad, and for us the middle part is back in the US. You could always try to get your family to join you in Manhattan for great food or a play, or meet them in CVG to sit around and go to the indoor pool. NWA currently has 12 day trips I believe that stay in Asia (back and forth to NRT from SIN or BKK etc), and that could be tougher on the family. Or, you could bid domestic and do day turns from ATL (senior though) and be home every night after a San Juan turn, or two/three/four day domestic trips. Lot's of variety, on different plane types. If you get bored with one type, you can always try another.

Bye Bye--General Lee

The BK docs indicate SWA will get the Operating Certificate, Manuals and Opspecs. That means they could go International/ETOPS with the approved aircraft very soon if they desired.

http://docs.bmcgroup.com/Ata_Airlines/docs/insb_1-08-bk-03675_955_1.pdf

What the hel! is going on at SWA? 2 new codeshares, RJ partner rumors, ATA certificate (read alter ego) and pilots in negotiations. Sounds like SWA employees are headed for a large dose of airline management reality. Good Luck!

It still isn't that simple. Most of the difficulty would be in the implementation of the MX issues. It would truly be a completely different airline.......within an airline.

How many aircraft will LUV park in LGA overnight?

It seems to me that without flying red-eyes LUV has to have parking spots for airplanes at night and that they wil have to add new airports just for parking. Any WN guys care to comment?

How many aircraft will LUV park in LGA overnight?

Probably only one. Unless there is gate sharing among airlines at LGA (ala SNA), I would think the airplane would just sleep at our gate at night. We're only talking about a total of seven daily departures, after all.

It seems to me that without flying red-eyes LUV has to have parking spots for airplanes at night and that they wil have to add new airports just for parking. Any WN guys care to comment?

There are usually a few more aircraft terminating at each station than there are gates, but most of the airports have adequate ramp space to park the extras on.

Latest resources

Back