Southwest purchases LaGuardia Slots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I see slow taxi speeds in your future.

Hey, I can take it. This board is mostly for entertainment, and sparring with you guys about LBB and ELP is fun. While you guys do unbelievable 3 and 4 days worth lots of time, I continue to work on my tan on 37 hour unproductive layovers in Buenos Aires, or drink disgusting German beer, IN GERMANY. But it sure doesn't beat the Mexican food you get in the El Paso airport I bet?

And, I do dig you guys, but not in a weird way. If you thought otherwise, I suggest "don't ask, don't tell." Hasta la pasta!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Spanking the monkey overseas is no different than running the old monkey out of the woods in LBB. You're just less tired doing it....

"I continue to work on my tan on 37 hour unproductive layovers."

That remark sounds about as intelligent as the ones I heard countless times from F/A's:

" OH GREAT! We only have 30 people! "

Yay!

I can't understand why these airlines keep going T/U (?)

Although I must admit, I really used to enjoy my 48 hours off in Guadalajara.....Right up until the end anyway.

DOH!

YKMKR

WhineLover, a 37 hr layover isn't inefficient on an international flight. When you fly two 10+ hour flights on either side of a 37 hr layover, how much more can you use a pilot? There are still FAR limitations that apply.

LOL... Yeah I noticed. Ole Johnny is baaaaaaaaaaack. Once you get in the club it's almost impossible to get kicked out. Just Gary's way of saying thanks I guess.

Gup

You guys should be so proud of him. I give Dennison high marks for acting though. The way he came in here at ATA and pretended to care about us and to "turn this boat around" (his actual words). I mean it was beautiful, worthy of an Oscar nomination. You tell ole Johnny at the next BOD meeting that there are about roughly 650 pilots that would like to kick him in the nutsack.

Esprit

6 day trips? Give me 3 days in LBB and then home than 6 days *anywhere.*

Yeah, okay, riiight. Next. sounds like you have already seen the world in your BE1900, your E145, and now your 737. Good for you.....? LBB is right up your alley.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General,

Seriously, man. What's up with you and LBB? That's always the first thing out of your mouth. Don't you have any new material? Did your mom run away with some Lubbock cowboy or something?

For other readers, I've flown for WN for 4 years and have landed at LBB exactly 2 times and had exactly one overnight on some extra flying I picked up (that I got paid very handsomely for).

General - you seem like a moderatley intelligent guy - don't you have anything more interesting to add than your overused BS about our lines being all 6-leg days with LBB overnights?

(Standing by for your 'I have friends at SWA and they all tell me it's so grueling' comeback...)

General,

Seriously, man. What's up with you and LBB? That's always the first thing out of your mouth. Don't you have any new material? Did your mom run away with some Lubbock cowboy or something?

For other readers, I've flown for WN for 4 years and have landed at LBB exactly 2 times and had exactly one overnight on some extra flying I picked up (that I got paid very handsomely for).

General - you seem like a moderatley intelligent guy - don't you have anything more interesting to add than your overused BS about our lines being all 6-leg days with LBB overnights?

(Standing by for your 'I have friends at SWA and they all tell me it's so grueling' comeback...)

Hey, we all have opinions about each other's flying, and that is fine on this board. You like yours, and I like mine. That is fantastic. I add LBB to my posts because it does tick off some people, and this board is about entertainment, along with info gathering. My wife went to Tech, and I tease her about it all of the time, and then we make out. It seriously is FANTASTIC. Chill out a bit please.

Bye Bye--General Lee

"I continue to work on my tan on 37 hour unproductive layovers."

That remark sounds about as intelligent as the ones I heard countless times from F/A's:

" OH GREAT! We only have 30 people! "

Yay!

I can't understand why these airlines keep going T/U (?)

Although I must admit, I really used to enjoy my 48 hours off in Guadalajara.....Right up until the end anyway.

DOH!

YKMKR

See, you had some relaxing layovers (although GDL would be only good for about 24 hours I would think). And, if you have a 20 or 21 hour 4 day trip, with 37 hours at a resort with great food and a pool in between, I just don't think you can go wrong with that. I really enjoy it, just like you enjoy your 23 hour 3 day trips with 6 or 7 legs each day. To each his own.... I like a nice tan, and really good food on my layovers. Not all of our trips are like that, but cold winters up here are the reverse below the equator. You knew that I bet.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back