Southwest Pilots To Fly 1.5 Hrs More In Month In New Pact

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WickedPissa

Just don't run into me taxiing at rotation speed.

I keep trying to rotate at this taxi rotation speed but can't. Listen, if you think we taxi to fast then pull over and get out of the way, besides, we burn more fuel than your little comuter jets that are always getting in our way, either on the ground or in the air.

Yeh, mean aren't I.

RJ

RJones said:
WickedPissa

I keep trying to rotate at this taxi rotation speed but can't. Listen, if you think we taxi to fast then pull over and get out of the way, besides, we burn more fuel than your little comuter jets that are always getting in our way, either on the ground or in the air.

Yeh, mean aren't I.

RJ

Were you the gal who said "turtle" on the freq. as you taxied out behind me in BUR last month? You got it when I replied "Chevron," didn't ya?

Juan_Tugo said:
Were you the gal who said "turtle" on the freq. as you taxied out behind me in BUR last month? You got it when I replied "Chevron," didn't ya?

Uh oh, Bad Karma man.

RJones said:
WickedPissa

Yeh, mean aren't I.

RJ

Funny. The DC-8 I'm on carries over 163,000 lbs. of fuel. I read the standard max weight for a 737-300 is 124,500. We burn more than what your LITTLE PURPLE JET weighs with about 30,000 lbs extra.

Be as "mean" as you want. I'm a thick skinned guy. Judging by all of the SWA replies, I take it you are not. I hope you don't represent the rest of your pilots.

Our 747-400's burn more fuel than your POS DC-8, now get out of the way, since we are allowed taxi speeds up to 30 knots...

We were on the north side of 9L(?) in FLL ~100 ft short of the runway about to call tower for takeoff since they didn't say anything yet. We hear a purple jet saying they are ready for takeoff 9L. I looked on the south side of the runway and didn't see anybody. I am not exaggerating when I say they were 3000 feet short of the runway taxiing at Vr. We had to look way over our left shoulders to see them. FLL cleared them and we had to waste our fuel from 4 engines to wait on them. That is rude and unprofessional. That is where SWA is taking the industry. Slow down and be safe.

Slug said:
Tripower455,

Take your disgruntled self back to PPrune. Complain there, keep our dirty laundry out of the public forum. Your PPrune buddies will give you more sympathy and actually care that you are a overworked, underpaid SWA captain.

As an aside, I also voted against SL31.

Slug

Who is disgruntled? I've never said I was overworked OR underpaid NOR have I asked for any sympathy...... I consider myself very lucky, and I am happier than a pig in mud to be here for 10 years. That doesn't make me blind to the facts though.

We have always used less crews per aircraft than just about every other company. That is why understaffed was in quotes........ This is part of the reason that SWA has been profitable for all these years.

I can't understand how this side letter benefits either us OR the company. Maybe there'll be less open time, but there will also be less pilots available to pick up what open time there is. It might benefit the company a little, but we took a definite QOL hit overall...... Will it be worth it? We'll see......

You obviously agree, since you also voted against it.

BTW, What dirty laundry have I aired on here?

Guys asked about the SL, and I've given my opinion.

See you on Pprune........

Last edited:
WickedPissa said:
That is rude and unprofessional. That is where SWA is taking the industry. Slow down and be safe.

About what I'd expect from a CU fan.:puke:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back