Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

southwest pilots!! a question, if you please...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The only inflight entertainment SWA has are the cabin crew, and you have to appreciate the sense of humor for it to really entertain... but they are more entertaining than you'll find on UA/AA....

Snacks are free and so are drinks - with the exception of alcohol. Pretty standard for most airlines. Some airlines have the "buy onboard" program, but not SWA. I would say to bring something that is sealed or buy it right before she gets on the plane. You might check the TSA website for her on the rules of what can go through security as far as food items.

Haha, I think I just made it there this week, hadn't noticed!!

I need a life too, If I make it to the top 15 I will retire.

After watching a few episodes of "Airline," I'm afraid to get on SWA. Kind of like traveling on Greyhound.

RunUp said:
After watching a few episodes of "Airline," I'm afraid to get on SWA. Kind of like traveling on Greyhound.
You are seeing a very small percent of the passengers that we carry. The other 99.99 percent would make dull reality TV.

speaking of frills or lack of, im flying tomorow for the semi-annual parental visit on AA for the frist time. i looked on my itinerary and it sais that breakfast will be served and brunch on the way back. is this for real? BTW its on a MD - 88

i don't see why not. i've flown AA only once (from CMH to LAX and back) and i got treated pretty well. the 767 to LAX had food service which cost like $3 (i had to dig deep in the wallet for that one) as well as a movie. on the way back, on a super-80, i was able to ask them for 2 drinks and a bunch of the free snacks. they treated me well.

where are you headed to and from, Kream? did the ticket say anything about having to pay for the food?

Frills still available...

Continental Airlines Continues to Offer Full Service Product on Domestic Flights at No Cost
Monday June 27, 1:27 pm ET

NEW YORK, June 27 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- As passenger traffic increases during an already-busy summer travel season, Continental Airlines (NYSE: CAL - News) continues to be the only major U.S. carrier to offer a full array of complimentary amenities to customers traveling in economy on domestic flights including meals, entertainment, non-alcoholic beverages, pillows, blankets, magazines and curbside check-in.

"In an environment where our competitors continue to cut or charge for economy-class amenities, we have chosen to preserve our product by keeping the services we know our customers value," said Jim Compton, Continental's Executive vice president of Marketing. "We continue to focus on providing the best service in the industry and offering a superior product to our customers is clearly a big part of that."

Meals and snacks are served at mealtimes in economy class on flights over two hours in length. Examples of meals offered in coach on Continental's domestic flights include the following:

Breakfast
* Cereal basket with milk, banana and muffin, and coffee, juice or tea
* Tray with hot breakfast egg sandwich on croissant or biscuit, fruit
appetizer and yogurt

Lunch/Dinner
* Sandwich with fresh snack (apple or carrots) and candy

Sandwich options include smoked turkey, turkey and cheese, oven
roasted turkey, baked ham and cheese, tuna salad and roast beef.

* Hot sandwich or personal cheese pizza, salad cup (pasta or potato
salad), packaged chips and Pepperidge Farm cookies

Hot sandwich options include barbeque chicken on a Kaiser roll,
charbroiled hamburger, breaded chicken on a Kaiser roll, spinach
cheese stromboli, turkey club and chopped steak and Swiss cheese.

On many of Continental's domestic flights, free inflight audio and visual entertainment is included. Feature films currently offered on Continental's domestic flights include: Be Cool, Hitch, Robots, Sideways, The Wedding Date, A Guy Thing and 13 Going on 30. Movies change monthly. July's offerings include: Fever Pitch, In Good Company, Miss Congeniality and Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous, and Beauty Shop.

For video-equipped flights under 90 minutes in duration, Continental offers the acclaimed ContinentalVision, with a variety of programming including sitcoms, news, music videos and travel features.

Up to 20 audio channels featuring a variety of music and talk-radio options are available on audio-equipped domestic flights. Customers are offered a selection encompassing everything from opera to oldies to hip-hop.

In addition to Continental's acclaimed inflight magazine, Continental, a monthly publication featuring the latest business and travel trends, the carrier offers a number of well-known, national publications on its flights. A sampling of magazines found on Continental's recent domestic flights include: Conde Nast Traveler, The Economist, Elle, Entrepreneur, Food and Wine, Golf Digest, GQ, Newsweek, Time, and Travel & Leisure.

Pillows and blankets are stocked on all domestic and international flights at no added cost to ensure customer comfort.

The carrier continues to offer curbside check-in to all customers at no charge, whereas some competitors have begun charging per bag.

Continental Airlines is the world's sixth largest airline. Continental, together with Continental Express and Continental connection has more than 3,000 daily departures throughout the Americas Europe and Asia, serving 150 domestic and 130 international destinations, more than any other carrier in the world. Nearly 400 additional points are served via SkyTeam alliance airlines, which include Aeromexico, Air France/KLM, Alitalia, CSA Czech Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Korean Air and Northwest Airlines. With 41,000 employees, Continental has hubs serving New York, Houston, Cleveland and Guam, and together with Continental Express, carries approximately 56 million passengers per year. Continental consistently earns awards and critical acclaim for both its operation and its corporate culture.

For the second consecutive year, FORTUNE magazine named Continental the No. 1 Most Admired Global Airline on its 2005 list of Most Admired Global Companies. Continental was also included in the publication's annual "Top 50" list, which ranks all companies, across a wide variety of industries, that appear in the Global Most Admired Companies issue. Continental again won major awards at the 2005 OAG Airline of the Year Awards including "Airline of the Year" and "Best Airline Based in North America" for the second consecutive year, and "Best Executive/Business Class" for the third consecutive year. For more company information, visit www.continental.com .

Latest resources

Back