• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest pilot talks proceed quietly

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I went to college Babylon, but I havent smoked since. 100k is avg for second year. Not much variance. Probably 95 to 108.

Dude somehow if 95 trips is the "average" trips per month then I suspect that 95 tripsx12xpay rate is the average pay. Of course you can fly extra to make $100K - you could probably fly extra to make $120K if you want but that's not 2nd year pay.

I don't know any 2nd year FOs that live in their base that only fly 95 trips a month.

The guys I know who won't break 100k their 2nd year are either commuters or have other time obligations like military or side businesses.

I'll buy that...108 trips is very reasonable for a noncommuter with no other ties...100K is about right 2nd year...harder to do if you live in Dallas and are trying for weekends off or something though...just depends on the situation

Dude somehow if 95 trips is the "average" trips per month then I suspect that 95 tripsx12xpay rate is the average pay. Of course you can fly extra to make $100K - you could probably fly extra to make $120K if you want but that's not 2nd year pay.

Babs, 95 is pretty much the minimum line pay. 108 is average flown thruought the system. Thats where he pulled the number from.

Sure, if you tried to bid the lowest paying lines, (doubt you could hold them on 2nd year) and never did anything else, you could probably make less than 100k second year.

Point is, the majority of the yr2 fos make 100+. Thats flying the line and maybe a little extra (or not). Thats just the way it is. Dont know what to tell you.

Avg. is what most guys have on their W2 in my book. And that is what it is.

SWA will never give us a B-plan. Why...because of the other unions. If they give us one, then everyone else will come asking for theirs. What we will negotiate is better contribution to our 401K, better trip rates, better rigs, etc.

pcl,

like canyon said, southwest has always sort of lived in a vacuum when it came to things like b funds and pay rates and such. just like i really dont care about how much or little any other airlines' pilots work. and i really dont care what everyone else makes. i am happy for all my buds at fdx and ups that got great contracts. i hope everyone gets that type of contract if it wont put their company out of business, and if it would then the company shouldnt agree to it.

now, this new boarding procedure sh!t is just plane wrong! i am not now a commuter, but i was for five months (mdw to oak) and know a little of the pain that comes with flying to work. not preboarding someone who can sit in the cockpit, swa pilots or someone else, is not how we do business and i hope someone with a lot higher pay rrate and responsibility than me throws the bs flag! my .02!

I am just a poolie but I have a suggestion regaurding the carry on's when you are commuting.

I travel on USAirways a lot and when the overheads are full they allow Deadheading Crew members to use the Gate Check Tags...the same ones for strollers and such. I keep one in my pocket and put it on my Carry on and flight Bag when needed. The arriving station brings the bags up with the strollers.

Just a suggestion....would make it easier than having to go to baggage claim for the bag.

ID

The arriving station brings the bags up with the strollers.

Nice thought, but it probably will not happen. Those guys simply don't have the time to bring all the bags up the stairs. I started to say that maybe one of the helpful SW crewmembers in the jetway awaiting their ride to work could go get it for you when they are fetching a stroller, but I guess they won't be there. They will be up top standing in line! Maybe I will stuff some underwear into my computer bag just in case my bag gets lost. Unbelievable .

Latest resources

Back