• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rough67

5 t's
Hello all,

I was planning on filling out the SWA online app, but was wondering if you need to have the 3 letters of rec ready on disk to cut and paste somehow. Before I start the application it seems like I need to have everything completely ready, or is it something you can return to and finish?

Thanks in advance..

You don't need the letters until you show up in Dallas for the interview. Not a bad idea to have them on hand so you're not scrambling when the call comes. Look back in the threads for some of the other required items for the interview such as high school and college diplomas/transcripts which may take a while to dig up.

Good Luck!

Copies of licenses (pilot, med cert)
Copy of unexpired drivers licenses
Copy of HS Diploma or Transcripts or GED
Copy of College Diploma or Transcripts (if applicable)
DD214-Member 4 (if you have been in the military in the last 5 years)
Signed and dated letter from a pro ref other than relative for periods
of unemployment of 12 months or longer, if applicable

You also need names and phone numbers of not only supervisors at previous flying jobs in the last 10 years (obviously), but also names and numbers of references with whom you've actually flown with at each of those employers (if you never flew with your supervisor). I think the supervisor list is on the app, but the flying references aren't required until the interview.

Good luck!

Hey Babes,

GET A BACKGROUND CHECK!!!! there are a couple of agencies that do them pretty cheap.

Also GET A DMV report pulled for every state you have driven in for at least the past 5 years. Also cheap piece of mind. The last thing you need if you get the call is any stress on your background. EVEN IF ITS CLEAN..

GOOD LUCK

Get your rec letters now, if there's even a chance of you getting a phone call. You need 3 min. I asked 7 guys for letters, 2 days before I left I had 2 in hand. 3 came the day before I left, and 2 guys blew me off entirely (after they said they would write). Point being, lots of unnecessary stress because people aren't true to their word. Get your letters now, then if you don't get the call for a while, have them re-send with a new date at the top. I've heard about 3 months from dated letter to interview is a good rule. Anyway, good luck!

The whole letter of rec's is bs, I did time in the big green machine, if you diserved an award than you got one. You shouldn't have to ask someone to write you a letter saying how good you are in order to get a job. If the company can't tell if you are a decent pilot and a hard worker in the interview than ta helll with them.

If the company can't tell if you are a decent pilot and a hard worker in the interview than ta helll with them.

If that's your attitude, good luck. While I agree that who you know should not determine whether or not you get an offer, that's the way things are, and if you want the job, you've gotta play the game. It's not always fair, but that's life. Hopefully you interview well enough not to need the letters, I know I'll take all the help I can get.

Latest resources

Back