Southwest landing at Miramar?

av8trinabarrel

Total Time
uhhhh!
I just went out for a morning mtn bike ride and noticed a SWA bird on approach for miramar. Everything looked normal as it flew over....nothing on the news. Anybody hear anything?

Herkdrv

Total Time
I just went out for a morning mtn bike ride and noticed a SWA bird on approach for miramar. Everything looked normal as it flew over....nothing on the news. Anybody hear anything?

No idea but if I had to guess probably a military charter.

av8trinabarrel

Total Time
uhhhh!
Very good. Didn't know SWA was doing military charters. I see world and omni going in there all the time, but never seen SWA. Hope thats all it was. Cheers!

DX Jake

Total Time
n/a

Military charter from Miramar to Navy New Orleans-

We have a bunch of Military charters every day.

glasspilot

Total Time
9K'ish
Hope thats all it was. Cheers!

Golly, maybe it's was a hijacking, or the pilots got lost, or maybe aliens! You should get a ham radio and find out!

Dude, they answered your question and you're still worried with, "hope that's all it was". I think you can safely say that's all it was. Relax, have a beer and watch a ball game. Jesus you're wound tight.

av8trinabarrel

Total Time
uhhhh!
Golly, maybe it's was a hijacking, or the pilots got lost, or maybe aliens! You should get a ham radio and find out!

Dude, they answered your question and you're still worried with, "hope that's all it was". I think you can safely say that's all it was. Relax, have a beer and watch a ball game. Jesus you're wound tight.
Worried...are you kidding. Ever think that with one runway at KSAN, that might be a place to divert. Of course not. I mtn bike there all the time and never seen a...nevermind. Your not worth the keystrokes. Thanks 5%er!

Last edited:

glasspilot

Total Time
9K'ish
5%er? I'm really 1 of 6.5 billion. That makes me a .000000015385%er.

Too bad I'm not worth the keystrokes, I was REALLY interested in what you had to say. No really. I bet you're a real fountain of knowledge.

Oh curse the misfortune that befalls me this wretched of nights for I will never know the true insights of av8trinaberrel. Oh wicked destiny.

waka

Emasculating the Right
Total Time
4?
Since it has not been made quite clear yet because, I didn't bother to read this short thread to see if the question has already been answered 4 times :rolleyes: In all likelihood, it was probably a military charter. There. I feel in-the-know and helpful now.

waka

Emasculating the Right
Total Time
4?
Probably a military charter.

waka

Emasculating the Right
Total Time
4?
Could it be a charter for the military?

waka

Emasculating the Right
Total Time
4?
I'm willing to bet it was a military charter.

Mookie

luckiest man alive
Total Time
I heard they felt the need. The need for speed.

Or that there was a sweet beach volleyball tournament later that afternoon

ask general lee. He'll know.

mookie