• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest J/S - no listing at the gate?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You know, I wasn't going to go there, but yeah,,, the way he wrote it...

The ops agent must have been hot for him to walk over and "get on". :D LOL

Ive gotten that with a F9 gate agent in Denver. She wrote a phone number to list on a piece of paper and gave it to me, chatted with the crew for the next 20 min while i was on hold. No customers in line. I think it is a power thing.

There are two F9 gate agents that refuse to list. Both older, long straight hair, glasses. They don't like humans, especially pilots. When I see them working I commonly approach the gate and ask them to list me, just to f with them, even when I have no intention to jumpseat on that particular flight. They are notorious with the F9 commuters.

You Southwest people give me the creeps. You just walk over to your co-workers and use them as transportation

Yeah, I got on the airplane with the help of the ops agent.

Well, got the word back from the J/S coordinator that it's NOT policy at all. Just a grouchy DTW gate supervisor evidently... Go figure.

Also, the online non-rev listing is for employees only. Us off-line people still need to do it the old-fashioned way.

Thanks for the help clearing it up. :beer:

Well handled fellas- sorry you had trouble

Thanks for the info guys. I use SWA on and off and they have always been very cool to work with....I have not had to wait on the phone quite that long, but I try to call at "Odd times" to get my listing done. :D

Haven't had to j/s on SWA in a while, can you still do the automated IVR number to list ?? It was a pain with a cell phone but I'd make my res. from the hotel or via pay phone with that number.

Thanks for the info guys. I use SWA on and off and they have always been very cool to work with....I have not had to wait on the phone quite that long, but I try to call at "Odd times" to get my listing done. :D

Which odd time would that be? I called to list my dad one time at 11pm PDT and waited 80 minutes to talk to someone. I almost think you're better off calling during business hours. At least during those times they think you might be looking for business select, are not looking for the cheapest ticket or might not be a freeloader.

So the last 30 days it's been almost impossible to get through on the SWA non-rev line. 45+ min hold times. No biggie, I'll just go to the gate - the gate agents seem to know that the hold times are bad right now...

Then coming home out of DTW on Monday, the gate agent says that "they're not supposed to list nonrevs anymore". That we're either supposed to list via the 800 number or online. But he can't tell me WHERE to go online. I pull out my laptop, log in, and we look for it. Nada. He goes ahead and lists me, but isn't really happy about it, and says in the future that won't be an option.

Any SWA peeps know about the "new rule" and/or know how to find the non-rev tool to list for off-line (non-SWA employee) travel? Don't mind trying to play by the rules, if those are indeed the new rules, but sometimes I don't have time to hold for an hour to list for a flight, especially if I get a schedule change, get in earlier than planned, and only have 45 minutes to beat feet to the gate to catch the earlier flight home...?

Thanks in advance.

Something did change 6 months ago...I was asked to start calling b4 showing up at the gate...I jumpseat on them regularly...every once in a while if the hold is too long I just tell the gate agent I tried...and they list me without any hassle.

Latest resources

Back