• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest J/S - no listing at the gate?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Which odd time would that be? I called to list my dad one time at 11pm PDT and waited 80 minutes to talk to someone. I almost think you're better off calling during business hours. At least during those times they think you might be looking for business select, are not looking for the cheapest ticket or might not be a freeloader.

I've used it a couple times and it really only serves to get you a security document to get to the gate. If the listing has any part of your name spelled wrong, CASS won't accept the listing.

Something DID happen 5 months ago. They went to a new computer system called "CS2". It is completely different from the old one. I've been told, in order to list someone at the gate, COSTS something to Arinc (the ones that own the phone lines for the computer), and a memo came out to Customer Service to not list at the gate. Also, calling after 10pm central, is a BAD time. All the RES centers except for San Antonio, go home now. Best times, in the morning- 6am-8am central.

Last edited:
BTW....anyone else notice that the new station manager in DTW is the guy from the "airline" show who used to work in Vegas???...I approached him about jumpseating last week and he had the personality and warmth of a bag full of hammers...then as usual after a conversation with the Captain, I was comfy cozy on my way home in the back!

Latest resources

Back