Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lear70

JAFFO
So the last 30 days it's been almost impossible to get through on the SWA non-rev line. 45+ min hold times. No biggie, I'll just go to the gate - the gate agents seem to know that the hold times are bad right now...

Then coming home out of DTW on Monday, the gate agent says that "they're not supposed to list nonrevs anymore". That we're either supposed to list via the 800 number or online. But he can't tell me WHERE to go online. I pull out my laptop, log in, and we look for it. Nada. He goes ahead and lists me, but isn't really happy about it, and says in the future that won't be an option.

Any SWA peeps know about the "new rule" and/or know how to find the non-rev tool to list for off-line (non-SWA employee) travel? Don't mind trying to play by the rules, if those are indeed the new rules, but sometimes I don't have time to hold for an hour to list for a flight, especially if I get a schedule change, get in earlier than planned, and only have 45 minutes to beat feet to the gate to catch the earlier flight home...?

Thanks in advance.

Would you send me the info as well?

Is there a legitimate reason for this? I've caught grief as well from F9 agents. Despite explaining that the 30 minute hold killed my batteries and I couldn't list, they sent me to customer service to list. She said she was very busy but it didn't appear that way to me. Is this CS' way of getting at pilots or maybe part of a grander scheme to do away with jumpseating altogether?

I don't know about a "grander scheme", just think either one gate agent doesn't like to list pilots or they really might have received an email about it.

Got a guy who contacted the J/S chair, I'll post an update here if/when I receive any info back...

Show up and tell them to pound sand! Right after they make your listing.

It's just as easy to make the listing as it is to retrieve it.

Gup

I think this particular gate agent is either new, uninformed, lazy or all three.

They should do it. I had one tell me about 6 months ago (very rare) that they were "to busy" to check me into the jumpseat. I walked over to the ops agent and got on, called the jumpseat dude - he fixed it.

They should do it. I had one tell me about 6 months ago (very rare) that they were "to busy" to check me into the jumpseat. I walked over to the ops agent and got on, called the jumpseat dude - he fixed it.

You Southwest people give me the creeps. You just walk over to your co-workers and use them as transportation

Latest resources

Back