Southwest into BTV?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BillJBrake

Seems like a rather obvious destination for them. Captive audience, decent competition, and they could go to just BWI and MDW from there (or MCO seasonally, maybe, if the demand existed). But even BWI and MDW should have pretty decent amount of passenger volume to feed into their network. I'm surprised it's 2011 and they're not operating there yet.

Redeyes. I've said it many times, one of my main refusals to fly Southwest is their lack of redeyes...I like flying redeyes on transcons. Given that AirTran does some, will southwest starting doing more, post merger?

AirTran was serving BVT for a while, not sure what happened (it was a 717 city, I'm on the 737). Maybe it will make more sense to resume service after the merger, with more destinations to connect to.

A number of years ago, I had asked why AirTran didn't serve CVG, I was told it was because most of the traffic was connecting, not O&D traffic.

Hey Ty,

Any idea what happened to Tallahassee? No demand? No revenue? Got a brother there who keeps begging me to come in there. I told him I'd bring it up at the next board meeting I was at...LOL.

Slug

Yep. Florida has a part-time legislature and there wasn't enough year-round traffic, unfortunately. I don'know this for sure, but I would guess that the new airport in Panama City Beach probably siphons off some TLH traffic too.

Actually, they are >2 hours apart with very little between them (I grew up 50 miles between each of them) and not a lot of straight line roads betwixt the two. I would think that the traffic is fairly separate between them, but who knows.

Yep. Florida has a part-time legislature and there wasn't enough year-round traffic, unfortunately. I don'know this for sure, but I would guess that the new airport in Panama City Beach probably siphons off some TLH traffic too.

Yeah, Ty, no mention from you about the larger airline that continually kicks your buttz from ATL to FLA. We still fly to TLH,(at least one MD88 too, wow) and do fine. But hey, no biggie...... Enjoy that huge raise pal, we are happy for you. (that will help us out eventually too) Take care.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
I can only imagine a three-day trip with General Lee.

Most Captains and other FOs (INTL flying often requires 3 pilots, or 4 if it is over 12 hours enroute) agree, I AM A LOT OF FUN. I make them laugh, and I am the life of the party. You can BANK on that. It's better than the average SWA cockpit conversation: "When were YOU the 3rd Batallion Squadron leader for Beast Week......????" (BORING) Who cares?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back