• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you guys that sensitive? If you think I'm pissing on the ones doing real work- you haven't paid attention to any of my posts- Nor am I digging on those that use fmla as intended- there ARE plenty of slackers though in and out of those programs- and I really don't give a damn about them- especially when they use their military buddies to get them some "desk" duty bc they were awarded a trip or line they don't like - so no crap fellas- I know a few that get that treatment- a small part of my overall point- but again- I don't run from the comment- if you're out working your ass off, good- if you're trying to convince me that there are no slackers anywhere in the military...? Sorry- military brat- I know that's not true- and it's even more despicable when they use the supportive environment my uncles didn't get from Vietnam to their own advantage- mil service is not an excuse to slack at Wn-

If the shoe fits as they say- and Ill buy any soldier I see a drink-

Received yesterday by email from our union communications committee at SWA:

--Let the New Hires begin!
Southwest has scheduled 188 new hires in nine classes that run early January through the end of March 2011. The first two classes have 24 pilots in each; the other seven classes have 20 pilots each. --

That should clear out most if not all of the current poolies by my estimation. I would imagine that the company will want to replenish the pool quickly since all indications are that there may be more hiring to follow.

Also, there was a previous union note that stated the new captain positions would be filled by existing "lance" captains, reducing that group's #'s per our new CBA.

Are you guys that sensitive? If you think I'm pissing on the ones doing real work- you haven't paid attention to any of my posts- Nor am I digging on those that use fmla as intended- there ARE plenty of slackers though in and out of those programs- and I really dies to get them some "desk" duty bc they were awarded a trip or line they don't like - so no crap fellas- I know a few that get that treatment- a small part of my overall point- but again- I don't run from the comment- if you're out working your ass off, good- if you're trying to convince me that there are no slackers anywhere in the military...? Sorry- military brat- I know that's not true- and it's even more despicable when they use the supportive environment my uncles didn't get from Vietnam to their own advantage- mil service is not an excuse to slack at Wn-

REALLY???!!! You sound pretty bitter bro, I mean come on. Get over yourself:rolleyes: And you can keep the drink.

Are you guys that sensitive? If you think I'm pissing on the ones doing real work- you haven't paid attention to any of my posts- Nor am I digging on those that use fmla as intended- there ARE plenty of slackers though in and out of those programs- and I really don't give a damn about them- especially when they use their military buddies to get them some "desk" duty bc they were awarded a trip or line they don't like - so no crap fellas- I know a few that get that treatment- a small part of my overall point- but again- I don't run from the comment- if you're out working your ass off, good- if you're trying to convince me that there are no slackers anywhere in the military...? Sorry- military brat- I know that's not true- and it's even more despicable when they use the supportive environment my uncles didn't get from Vietnam to their own advantage- mil service is not an excuse to slack at Wn-

dude, I know where you are coming from, but don't make it a military thing. We do have some slackers and we also have some that take advantage of the system. However, they come from all backgrounds. I do get your point and I agree, there are those amongst us 6000 that complain like this job sucks (which irritates me more than anything). 10% right? that's 600 pilots at SWA that literally suck, and I think it's the guys that have a sense of entitlement. Some are senior, others are junior. Some are military, while others are civilians. But they are here...forever...and I wish they weren't. So yeah I get your point...if you want to come here then know what you are getting into before you get here. If not, Delta will hire soon. Humbleness is they key and pilots are not very good at being humble.

Being in the military is such a cush job and a great way to foster slacking from a real tough job like airline flying. I'm shocked more guys don't join the Guard and Reserves so they can slack off too. Its such as boondoogle. Hell...I ain't buried but a handful of part timers that I know of, and flying DACT training or going into and out of Iraq or Afghanistan is so much easier than a tough day doing turns out of OAK or DAL.

You heard it here first boys--the best way to pad your seniority and screw over the hard working airline pilots at your company is join the military. I'm sure you can google up some recruiters to help find your way to future scams. The fact you cost the Gub'mint about 30 cents on the dollar to what an active guy costs is just a bonus for taxpayers...but we know the REAL REASON the system is there is to help guys like you help your buddies off a few trips you don't want.

Don't be the last to sign up...slots are going fast...

Great, now I've got one of the classiest posters on FI in Albie hitting the sarcasm key, turning this into the age old Mil v civ debate. (yawn...)
Not bitter- don't need to get over myself- If you look at what I wrote I didn't say "ALL" military reserves were slacking- I said I know some that do - and am not implying that there aren't civilian "best part time job in the world" types
But ultimately that is what spawns the debates isn't it? the difference in this BS mil v civ debate: civilians know we aren't perfect and that many civ guys suck- mil guys never admit to such a thing...
So--- spell it out all--- thread drift away from your psycho defensiveness on my 12 characters out of several hundred misinterpreted-

Are you saying NO reserve is doing that? 100% are stand up guys and girls?

Last edited:
The military has been great to me. I can't complain. Almost 20 years and I still haven't really had to deploy. Never missed an anniversary, kid's birthday, or Christmas. I'm very fortunate.

Someone please insert the "Dare to Slack" poster from despair.com here. I am not savvy enough to insert a picture on the thread, but it would be perfect at this point.

Latest resources

Back