Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest guys, what are you folks able to credit?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Airway

Reserving
This question is mostly out of curiosity. I know a lot of guys who are senior at other airlines who have no problem crediting 110-115 hrs per month for pay. Just wondering what the situation is like at place like SWA.

Last edited:
There usually isn't a problem picking up your monthly total to 115 trip credits, but it depends on the base and time of year. Many of us aim for 100 to 110 per month.

I know a guy who averaged 135 TFP every year for the last ten years of his career. Several guys break 150 a month on a semi-regular basis. Most of the heavy trip hitters use reserve to light up the scoreboard. The sky whores should even do better now that we can double dip on vacation. Once as an FO I did 164 but it was because I was assigned to a Check Airman and kept getting pulled so he could do IOE and I then picked up other trips. On the other side, we have lots of pilots who fly half their assigned month or less. In our system you can do as much or as little as you want.

Here's a quick sample of hours & trips for pay (TFP) for March for a PHX/FO.

5 lowest flight time lines for a PHX/FO

Fllight time TFP
66.55........ 91.00
70.15 ........89.07
70.20 ........92.40
70.40 ........95.20
72.50 ........92.35

5 highest flight times
92 .............104.87
92 .............111.20
92 .............109.28
92 .............106.7
91.55 .........108.52

Thanks Chase,

Another extremely helpful post that lets us get a look inside SWA. Keep them coming. I'm heading down to HPA in March to get the type. Then I'll be anxiously waiting for the phone to ring.

For example:

I averaged 120 Trips For Pay per month and blocked 745 hours in 2005. My highest month was Dec. at 153 TFP and the lowest was June at 96 TFP.

I live in base so it is easier to pickup, but you can see that there is allot of flexibility in the schedule. The 100 to 110 average per month is what most guys shoot for and I would say have no problem attaining.

Hope this helps.

Latest resources

Back