Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My old legacy carrier....who has made a trip through BK

Tejas

Maybe you. But machzero can't seem to answer me.

Remember machzero,

"Before ya 'cuz me, take a look at 'yo self!"

Not sure what a "phantom" seat is, but if you mean over booking flights, EVERYONE does that. Surely you dont need that explained to you. You lost me on the rapid rewards program and the flights that dont exist. Not sure what is wrong with the DING stuff, I dont use it.

All airlines have seats at different prices, and of course, its more difficult to get the cheapest ones (restrictions, advance booking etc.)

Its not that I dont think we could use a little make over in certain areas, but there is no conspiracy.
Lets say the airplane has 10 seats sold at $49 and the rest are other higher prices. The airline books passengers that don't exist to block the $49 dollar seat sales. It then oversells the higher price seats and puts those people in the $49 dollar seats where there never really was a passenger. If those tickets don't sell, then they re-release those seats at $49 bucks. They also do the same thing by blacking out when you can use your RR.

Lets say the airplane has 10 seats sold at $49 and the rest are other higher prices. The airline books passengers that don't exist to block the $49 dollar seat sales. It then oversells the higher price seats and puts those people in the $49 dollar seats where there never really was a passenger. If those tickets don't sell, then they re-release those seats at $49 bucks. They also do the same thing by blacking out when you can use your RR.

Nice theory. Proof? Seems to me an airline couldn't get away with this for 35 years. You should tell all the other airlines about this. They wouldn't be in such a hurry to lower thier fares when WN enters a market. Heck, you could kill the Southwest effect entirely!

Nice theory. Proof? Seems to me an airline couldn't get away with this for 35 years. You should tell all the other airlines about this. They wouldn't be in such a hurry to lower thier fares when WN enters a market. Heck, you could kill the Southwest effect entirely!
The only started doing this about 6 months ago.

This has got to be about the stupidest theory I have ever seen on how Southwest stays profitable. Make sure you tell Dateline, they would like to do a whole episode on this. As far as losing passengers, I'm sure you wouldn't dream they would leave your "passenger friendly" Northwest to fly SWA. Let's see, PHX-DTW twice a day is going great, just started DTW-BWI and get ready for DTW-MCO Daily nonstops after the New Year. I think someone in Dallas finally figured out where to get all the extra passengers, Ex-Northwest where the motto is "We're not happy 'til you're not happy". MSP to be announced soon!

SWA is leading passengers to believe they are the best airline to fly for, when in reality, they are certainly not.

then tell us O' great PhD of airplanes, who is the best airline to fly for? I would hope that since you are the master of all you might be able to share an answer with us? Please factor in the companines that have not cut pay or bennies. Companies where the check continue to roll in..
That list should be real short.

then tell us O' great PhD of airplanes, who is the best airline to fly for? I would hope that since you are the master of all you might be able to share an answer with us? Please factor in the companines that have not cut pay or bennies. Companies where the check continue to roll in..
That list should be real short.
I meant to fly on, not to work for. SWA is the best in terms of employment. However to keep that going it will be at the expense of the passengers.

Latest resources

Back