Southwest expects to rebound from difficult 3rd quarter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

To make a long story short:

That is a link to a training program. For that you pay the Gulfstream Training Academy. After meeting the standards of the Academy, you then have the oppurtunity to become a GAA contract pilot for GIA. The contract flying for GIA is limited by the union up to 250 hours. After that, the FO must interview with GIA for a position with the airline. As an airline employee, the company pays for all training. So, to call GIA a PFT airline is incorrect. The contract pilot never pays the airline a dime.

The same defense has been used to prevent SWA and Mesa from being refered to as "PFT airlines". It has been deemed acceptable by "non-PFT'ers".

To make a long story short:

That is a link to a training program. For that you pay the Gulfstream Training Academy. After meeting the standards of the Academy, you then have the oppurtunity to become a GAA contract pilot for GIA. The contract flying for GIA is limited by the union up to 250 hours. After that, the FO must interview with GIA for a position with the airline. As an airline employee, the company pays for all training. So, to call GIA a PFT airline is incorrect. The contract pilot never pays the airline a dime.

The same defense has been used to prevent SWA and Mesa from being refered to as "PFT airlines". It has been deemed acceptable by "non-PFT'ers".

GMAFB you are paying for a program that includes 250 hours line flying...even if they refund a tiny amount of money in what they call a "salary" for a contract pilot. Bottom line is you are paying to fly the line I don't care how GIA moves the money around.

This was the original bashing. CanyoneBlue has a tongue. His intentions arent nice.

The Holy Trinity of posters who bash Southwest, for no other reason than to display ignorance, has brought you your rightful thrashing. Stay off the Majors, it's still a little to profound for your aviation brain power.

Shut up. You have NO idea how many were hired. I have personally helped quite a few ATA pilots get hired here and I meet many more ex-ATA pilots that are SWA now all the time.

I was wondering how long it would take for one of you to freak out because I made a negative comment about big mother SWA. I already lost a friend of 14 years due to SWA kool aid syndrome so what do I care what you have to say?

I already lost a friend of 14 years due to SWA kool aid syndrome so what do I care what you have to say?

What? Did they get tired of your negative attitude?

GMAFB you are paying for a program that includes 250 hours line flying...even if they refund a tiny amount of money in what they call a "salary" for a contract pilot. Bottom line is you are paying to fly the line I don't care how GIA moves the money around.

I tell you how it is and you still can't accept that? You have no idea what you are talking about. What about that type you paid for to work at SWA? Can't I call that "paying to fly the line". Without it, you wouldn't be working there.

The Holy Trinity of posters who bash Southwest, for no other reason than to display ignorance, has brought you your rightful thrashing. Stay off the Majors, it's still a little to profound for your aviation brain power.
Ignorance? I think not. Also, giving me a personal "thrashing" would only be taken if this thread was about me or if I had directed an offensive comment to anyone in particular. None of my comments were directed at pilots. I happen to be very open to discussion on the topic at hand. I will post on the forum of my choice. As an airline professional, I have the right to post opinion or fact if I choose. I may do this at any time I please. If you cannot talk business without making personal attacks, then YOU are the one with the problem. I also retain the right to return fire once attacked.

Let's dicuss: How does SWA not lower the bar with respect to passenger travel?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back