• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest ETOPS job vacancy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No way to hurry THAT up! ETOPS is a PITA of epic proportions.....MX....watch out for it.....and do all the Scheduled checks......

well, considering they hired the RNP guys back in 2003 and SWA just went live with that, sure, if "coming soon" means 8 years...

You know like EFB's...

Although looking through the MEL's this week, there is an MEL for "Information Systems" in the OPC. When I looked at it, it was referring to the Onboard Performance Computer (OPC) Cradle...

KBB

FYI

The TFP formula pays makes long haul flying more lucrative ...

Good luck with "bags fly free" to a vacation destination like Hawaii. You will be paying someone to carry them there or leaving a lot behind. You can't fill up a 737 and fly it to Hawaii with winter jetstreams kicking in.

Good luck with "bags fly free" to a vacation destination like Hawaii. You will be paying someone to carry them there or leaving a lot behind. You can't fill up a 737 and fly it to Hawaii with winter jetstreams kicking in.

Yes, you can. Depends on bags/cargo. I've done it.

Hey, I'm not bashing them or saying what they can or cannot do. I'm just making an observation that you cannot fill up any model of 737 and fly to Hawaii when the jetstream gets too strong. It seems to me one of SWA's strongest selling points is it's bags fly free campaign and I'm guessing it has gotten them a lot of traffic (although who knows how much revenue they have left on the table), but if people fly on SWA to Hawaii because they can carry two large bags for free and only pay for the third one, they could end up with a lot more bags than you would get on your average transcon. People going to Hawaii tend to bring a lot of bags, more than transcon passengers.
The attitude that SWA can do anything it wants and be successful is also a great way to sink a strong ship. It's called arrogance. Pan Am once thought that. Braniff used to be very successful, etc etc.

Yes, you can. Depends on bags/cargo. I've done it.

Not with a 150 kts of headwind, as I'm sure you remember. It happens a lot in the winter. Key word in your statement is depends.
Also, what station you are flying out of makes a big dif. Only OAK comes close.

Latest resources

Back