Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest enplanements for MAR - TOPS!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
j41, let me see, maybe it is because for the title of his thread he left off the part about domestic enplanements only and just posted they were tops in enplanements, period. We don't really know if that is true or not with the information available, do we? I'm just giving him a hard time.

skykid said:
Oh, DOMESTIC enplanments.

Oh, The headline.:confused:

Southwest Tops List of Domestic Enplanements for March

Also would like to point out that each enplanement is counted as a passenger per segment so I think the numbers are way off- probably by a third at least.

Example
AA flight from LAX to ORD with 130 passengers = 130 enplanements

SW flight from LAX via PHX to MDW with 130 passengers = 260 enplanements

Numbers are what you make them and you can make them anyway want- Ask any airline management team

towsurfer said:
Also would like to point out that each enplanement is counted as a passenger per segment so I think the numbers are way off- probably by a third at least.

Example
SW flight from LAX to BWI with 130 passengers = 130 enplanements

AA flight from LAX via ORD to BWI with 130 passengers = 260 enplanements

Whats your point? Passengers carried are passengers carried, do you understand this at all? If you go to a ball game and they say that the attendance is 32,879, do you request a recount because there are only 900 in your section. :rolleyes:

Yes I do understand that – do you?

Your baseball example with the FAA emplanements using SW numbers would look like this -

You are counting the attendance at the ball game (32,879) and then recounted every time the fans got out of their seats to take a wizz (14,000) or went to the parking lot to get extra beer (32,878) and then said actual fans in attendance (79,757) your numbers would be off.

I was a making a simple point that SW has a different way of moving people across the country and to classify that in the same manner as the other majors and then get all excited about it is about as lame as me wasting my time responding you and this thread.

WOW – B.F.D

Southwest Cheats again...first with fuel hedges and now in enplanements.

":bawling: they continue to kick our a$$...:crying:. We feel that they are cheating and urge congress to get involved, after they save our pensions from our dumba$$ airline management team "
-undisclosed airline employee at airline X (speaking off the record)

Oh, the title of the thread. :confused:

Did you ever think, there is limited space in the thread title window?

Last edited:
towsurfer said:
Yes I do understand that – do you?

No, you still don't. Under your scenario, the FAA should not count anyone who goes through a hub then, since they were already counted once, correct? You also suggest that if we go through a city with 137, and then leave with 137, that they are double counted since they were already on the aircraft. In reality, most through passenger counts are single digit, not the masses you seem to believe.

I agree they get counted twice thru a hub. UA pax travels from LAX to JFK flight is LAX-ORD-JFK = 2 enplanements - one passenger.

SW doesn't use the hub system as much as the other majors- agreed? OK

pax books on SW for same trip but has to drive home from Islip. LAX-PHX-BWI-ISP =4 enplanements - one passenger

I really don't care about SW and their ranking. I was making a simple point about creative accounting and bad managment.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back