Southwest.com

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

contrail67

Ok...I am watching football this afternoon and I am just curious WHY does Southwest Airlines have to ADVERTISE to the public what website to go to in order to book a flight. I would not even want to know the expense they have to educate such a simple thing.

Before, we saw the "your bags fly free" ads all over but then after this week when SWA posted much lower earnings behind DAL,UAL,and CAL...did they take on another approach?

Last edited:
Marketing?? Southwest sucks at it.. Maybe you should apply to help them out :) Oh wait you flew the SAT sewer pipe...you probably can't even hear what I am typing :)

On a serious note, You got me. It seems we advertise on darn near every sporting event you would think people would already know, but who knows. Maybe the advertising company was late on the newest add and that was just the generic "place holder"....

You came on an internet message board to whine about their ads.

That means you were paying attention to their ads...which means they worked, even if you never buy a ticket on "southwest dot com".

Ok...I am watching football this afternoon and I am just curious WHY does Southwest Airlines have to ADVERTISE to the public what website to go to in order to book a flight. I would not even want to know the expense they have to educate such a simple thing.

Before, we saw the "your bags fly free" ads all over but then after this week when SWA posted much lower earnings behind DAL,UAL,and CAL...did they take on another approach?

Are you serious?

Have you seen the people flying in the back of your plane lately? We can't get them to follow simple directions like hang-up the phone, stay in your seat while the seat-belt sign is on. Some of them can't even find their gate until its 5 minutes prior to departure, what makes you think they are any better at finding our website?
Don't get me wrong I'll take their money, I'm just saying.

It's more simple than that. WN in increasing their ASM's by 25% because of the AT purchase, it's educating that group of people. Plus I believe it has been very effective, whether you like them or not.

Latest resources

Back