• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest CEO Opts for DELTA.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok, what I've learned from this thread......
First grade is alive and well at BOTH Southwest and Delta.
Lots of f/o's at both airlines think their johnson is bigger.
Neither has any control over what their CEO does and who he flies on.
Yet all the participants in this thread are know it all's.
I feel enlightened to have wasted my time reading this childish jibberish.
Thanks to all that participated.
Carry on.

There's nothing wrong with pointing out a little irony. Which was the purpose of the original news story. I had an opportunity to talk to GK about the loss of DFW to ATL a while back. Sorta puts a cramp on things when you are trying to merge and train thousands of employees between two airlines with major operations in both cities. He said when Wright goes away ATL will be one of the first non stops from DAL. Hate to see all that lost revenue.

At least it was a flight longer than an hour, so Gary had a shot at getting a drink. In case anyone did not know, Delto Stews do not serve ANYTHING if the flight is under an hour. You should see peoples faces when they make that PA, priceless. Pretty pathetic, SWA FA's would do second's on a flight that Delto Stews can't even get their fat cans off the jumpseat.

I had a deadhead last month from ORD-MSP and they did a full service in coach and everyone in 1st class got all the drinks they wanted. Guy sitting next to me in 1st had 3 bloody marys.

I had a deadhead last month from ORD-MSP and they did a full service in coach and everyone in 1st class got all the drinks they wanted. Guy sitting next to me in 1st had 3 bloody marys.

ORD MSP is blocked for over an hr. FYI

Please pay attention to details .

The flight was under an hour. 51 minutes. The poster was talking about flight time, not block time. Pay more attention next time.

When airlines talk about how long a flight is ,they are talking about block time. Talk about butting a. Spin on something.

His post is correct .

interesting how the industry has brought down the definition of "full service"

At least it was a flight longer than an hour, so Gary had a shot at getting a drink. In case anyone did not know, Delto Stews do not serve ANYTHING if the flight is under an hour. You should see peoples faces when they make that PA, priceless. Pretty pathetic, SWA FA's would do second's on a flight that Delto Stews can't even get their fat cans off the jumpseat.

Wow. I was recently on AT for a ~50 min EYW-TPA leg and the FA's had us served up in hurry.

Latest resources

Back