Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Johnsonrod, I'm glad Daddy paid for your training, I'm also glad, no scratch that "ecstatic" that I'll probably never have to fly with you.​

My Daddy didn't pay for my flying lessons, Nor did I have to purchase my 737 type or my ATP but that's because I was luckily enough to be the right place at the right time thats all...... I did pay my dues at a regional level for many years and watch a lot of young punks ( and I only use that term for those that had the attitude that they were deserved the job because they took RJ 101 in the college that Daddy also paid for) come a long with little flying experience, sell them selves out (along with our industry) to take much less than standard wages to get that first airline flying job. The point is that we all "pay" our dues one way or another and for you to have such a chip on your shoulder about SWA's requirement for a 737 type (AFTER being made an offer for employment) shows a real lack of maturity. And to answer your question.

buying an ATP or multi engine rating to put on your certificate IS no different than a specific type, there are a huge amount of corporate positions that will not entertain your thoughts of flying for them if you are not typed in the equipment they operate. I'm sure you & Daddy think all those pilots are sell outs too, right?. I'm sorry that Daddy won't pay for your 737 type, I'm starting to believe thats the real "angst" of your problems! :( Good luck getting out of your current flying "rut", and please seek professional therapy if you need it before you carry your grief into the cockpit. Good luck.

What a complete waste of time, reading your post. Let me guess, you didn't have parents, and wolves raised you? If you did have parents, did they buy you diapers? No? You ate your own waste? You sound full of it now. Every parent who can afford to help their kids would do it. Sorry you grew up with Jay Z in the Marcy Projects.... And BTW, I went to a State school and got my ratings over each Summer. Not every RJ "punk" went to Riddle or FIT.

You avoid the fact that only SWA and Gulfstream require new FOs to pay for their training if they don't have the company requirements, which no other airlines require. But the sad fact is that SWA makes a lot of money, and they could afford to do away with this policy, but choose not to. Sure, it's a choice, but a sad one.

And, I'm not in a rut at all. I am waiting for the opportunity that should be coming my way hopefully. In the meantime, I always fly with my favorite Captain, and avoid intra Texas flying as much as possible.

Last edited:
So basically you are saying that I hit a nerve aren't 'cha EJ boy?

Yes in fact I was raised by wolves....... very sad story.

I'll post it for you some time soon. :bawling:

You avoid the fact that only SWA and Gulfstream require new FOs to pay for their training if they don't have the company requirements, which no other airlines require.

Seriously, do you not understand the difference between SWA and Gulfstream? Seriously, really? Do you even know what PFT is? Are you one of those guys who calls someone else the "s" word, even when there's no picket line in sight?

If this is really you, and not just some internet character, (I'm not so sure) then I'd be VERY concerned about your chances of being hired at Delta. Delta is truly an outstanding world class company, and I just can't see them letting you in. And if you think you can just pull a fast one on them in the interview room, think again. They have their ways of finding out who you really are. I don't care who your daddy is.

--Hey General!!!!! I'm calling you out for a public moment of honesty!!!!---

What do you think of young Johnson here? Think he deserves to work at your proud airline? Would you be proud to call him your brother?

And be honest.

Skyboy, my compliments on your post but I think it's hopeless.

I'm done with ej boy, going back to my cave and fight with my wolf family for scrapes of the farmers cow we ran down earlier today..... then I have to wax all this fur off my face so the other pilots don't suspect that I "in fact" was raised by wolf parents on my trip tomorrow. lol

Seriously, do you not understand the difference between SWA and Gulfstream? Seriously, really? Do you even know what PFT is? Are you one of those guys who calls someone else the "s" word, even when there's no picket line in sight?

If this is really you, and not just some internet character, (I'm not so sure) then I'd be VERY concerned about your chances of being hired at Delta. Delta is truly an outstanding world class company, and I just can't see them letting you in. And if you think you can just pull a fast one on them in the interview room, think again. They have their ways of finding out who you really are. I don't care who your daddy is.

--Hey General!!!!! I'm calling you out for a public moment of honesty!!!!---

What do you think of young Johnson here? Think he deserves to work at your proud airline? Would you be proud to call him your brother?

And be honest.

Southwest and Gulfstream aren't in the same category when it comes to companies, but they both take advantage monetarily of newhires IF they don't have certain requirements. Am I wrong? Admit it. Which other US airline does that? I can only think of SWA and Gulfstream requiring pilots to PAY for something (if you don't have it) to start the job, and I'm not talking about paying for a medical etc.

As far as The General goes, I have a feeling I know his answer, since he already gave me a written recommendation for his airline. But, I am looking forward to what he says also. Don't let me down Lee!

but they both take advantage monetarily of newhires IF they don't have certain requirements. Am I wrong?

Actually, you are wrong. "Taking advantage monetarily of newhires" implies that it is an unexpected fee or something that the new hire didn't know about prior to application. There is nothing of the sort occurring.

Every applicant knows the requirements that exist in order to start training at SWA. There's no surprise. Just like you knew that 1500TT (or whatever it was) was required to be hired at your company. No different. You had to pay to acquire those ratings to qualify for your job. If you didn't want to qualify for RJ Express, you didn't have to pay for all of those hours you flew. Absolutely no different.

And there's no comparison to Gulfstream and their operating procedures. Something tells me that you can't see it.

Actually, you are wrong. "Taking advantage monetarily of newhires" implies that it is an unexpected fee or something that the new hire didn't know about prior to application. There is nothing of the sort occurring.

Every applicant knows the requirements that exist in order to start training at SWA. There's no surprise. Just like you knew that 1500TT (or whatever it was) was required to be hired at your company. No different. You had to pay to acquire those ratings to qualify for your job. If you didn't want to qualify for RJ Express, you didn't have to pay for all of those hours you flew. Absolutely no different.

And there's no comparison to Gulfstream and their operating procedures. Something tells me that you can't see it.

Taking advantage means it has to be a "surprise." Did you make that up? Are you SURE that is what it means???? If you don't have a 737 type PRIOR to starting SWA ground school, you need to spend thousands of dollars. If you don't have the minimum qualifications to get hired at Gulfstream, you have to pay thousands of dollars to fly 250 hours, after which you may be allowed to stay. Sounds pretty close to me. Not close when it comes to companies, but newhire policies/practices have similarities..... If you can't see it, then you are Cleopatra--- Queen of Denial.

Last edited:
Southwest and Gulfstream aren't in the same category when it comes to companies, but they both take advantage monetarily of newhires IF they don't have certain requirements. Am I wrong? Admit it. Which other US airline does that?
What other airline but delta makes newhires pay for their hotel rooms during new hire sim training?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back