• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest buys AirTran

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
oh no... 4 jets gone... or just repainted back into United paint.

Theres a little more to it than just losing four airplanes. Skywest has lost an opportunity for growth. KB stated in a letter "those that want to upgrade will be able to in the near future". Well guess what it wont be because we get 70 seaters through airtran.

Will they keep the 717s and will aSa or Skywest pilots be able to fly them? More growth for Skywest or aSA FOs that R on reserve? Discuss

No, the two boards already accepted the merger. And, the Bond/McCaskill ammendment does not allow for a staple anymore. That law was brought up by the Missouri Senators who saw the TWA people get the shaft. This merger was already completed and the SWA pilots were not asked by management if it was ok, rather it was already done. Nope, I see an interesting seniority list integration coming, without a staple.

Honestly here, how does that explain what happened with the Frontier deal?

Wow. Skywest may be losing the airtran feed, but they just struck gold in ATL. Delta will be forced to fly more 70's, 90's and 100 seat airplanes out of Atlanta to compete....all of which will be flown by ASA/XJT/SKYW.

In the meantime Genital Lee will be seen cowering in the fetal position over on concourse A mumbling things like, "we're takin it back, no more RJ's, now I'm starting to see double RJ's.....they're so beautiful. What does this mean?!"

haha really? god you are stupid..so 4 airplanes MIGHT go back to the united system..its not like skywest was making a huge profit on them anyways..if our entire future is hanging on those 4 airplanes, i quit..

uggggghhhhhhh I was saying so long Airtran flights.... those crap trips won't be missed!

Dear Southwest,

Buy Atlantic Southeast Airlines, park the RJ's, and let our pilots join your Borg-ish company. We agree that resistance is futile.

Love,
damnflyboy

Latest resources

Back