• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Blasts Revised Slot Deal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is amazing how much more enjoyable FI has suddenly become since I blocked them also.

Last edited:
None of that matters you guys, lets be real! It is all about favors!!

It is Delta Air elite jet rides to politicians vs. pizza parties and free type ratings for the feds from SWA.

Will see who wins :)

Certainly I do however, a little here a little there, Calgary, FLL on Spirit, does not allow any ONE large competitor to gain a foothold and offer any "real" service. Granted Airtran is a threat but NOT with 5 slots. Now give them 15-20 just like SW and then they DO have a problem. All very self serving to minimize impact. Certainly it would be in OUR (WN) best interest to gain more slots, with this the consumer ultimately would be the beneficiary in a much bigger way.

Cry me a river!

How about nothing smaller than a 757? LGA is political. Small planes will always be there because small communities want access and their representatives will ensure it. Gridlock or not.

This would not work for SWA, cus we dont have any 757. Thats why I said B737. We should have gotten into LGA when jetblue was doing it.

Sure Ben, riiiiight. Yeah, and you also flew on your new SWA 787 to Tokyo, followed by your 56 hour layover in Rio........ (oh wait, that was the Rio Grande---HRL. Enjoy that this Summer). Something that you do not know is that the ATL ER category also has plenty of 4 day domestic only trips, and I do them occasionally to get landings if I need them. The trips are pretty darn good, with long layovers on at least 2 of the 3 nights, which is normal for domestic at most airlines. I think you were on the MD88 at DL, and that is a whole different animal, a lot like the current SWA 737 schedules probably. Go up from there and it becomes totally different. 737s and 757/767s mainly do longer legs, with an occasional 3 leg day, but mostly one or maybe two. And beers are $10 everywhere INTL? Not really. Also, INTL perdiem is more than domestic, covering most of the difference, unless you are a boozehound like yourself.

Talk about same old material, you have that on each of your trip pairings. Can you remember what you did 3 trips ago? Probably not, because it is all a blur, also thanks to your 1 2 3 rule. Go enjoy that and try not to wish you had some actual variety in planes and destinations from your past job. Enjoy your next 5 leg day, which is almost everyday for you. To say otherwise is ridiculous---since those trips of yours are sooo productive, there has to be a lot jammed in there. You know I am right, again. Bye Ben.

Bye Bye--General Lee

You're right General, some guys don't get it. I can't wait to fly international flights and enjoy the good life of just one flight a day. Sounds better than my 5-6 legs per day out of our hub. No thanks!

Latest resources

Back