• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Application Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, be honest and tell them. I had several speeding tickets when I was younger. The last was over ten years before I interviewed. But I told SWA. And I got hired.

I got a question for all.....

One of the questions on the online application asks;

Have you ever been convicted or found guilty of a moving violation?

I had a simple "slow" speed speeding ticket 10mph over the limit about 4 years ago. ( I know I could have done better if I tried.... :) So I answered yes, and explained that it was a 10mph over the speed limit ticket that is not even showing up on the most recent driving record that I saw. Even though it's no longer posted to my record I don't think I can change my answer now because the question states "have you ever". I imagine this can't be the kiss of death because most people I know have had a speeding ticket at one point in their lives.....

At a SWA job fair in LAS a ways back I asked R.K the question and I think (?) she said to go ahead and list it with an explanation, but that was some time ago..............

Thoughts anyone?

I had five speeding tickets in my past and I got hired. What can I say I like to drive fast. Also, BWI is the most senior FO base, at the bottom of the seniority list at least. I was hired in June of '07 and I can't hold it. I would plan, conservatively, on 2 years to hold BWI.

I had five speeding tickets in my past and I got hired. What can I say I like to drive fast. Also, BWI is the most senior FO base, at the bottom of the seniority list at least. I was hired in June of '07 and I can't hold it. I would plan, conservatively, on 2 years to hold BWI.

Hey lead foot, ;)
Thanks for sharing , I'm not loosing sleep over my checking yes in the moving violation box anymore. You prob. don't follow it but how tough is it to get into the PHX or LAS base as a newhire?
Thanks in advance,
Z.

Yes, be honest and tell them. I had several speeding tickets when I was younger. The last was over ten years before I interviewed. But I told SWA. And I got hired.
Thank you Bob, I agree it would be a shame to waste an interview and a chance of employment on not being straight with the aplication and have someone in the PD call you on it! I guess it was the format of the question that made me read into it too much...
Paying a speeding ticket through the mail admits quilt and convection, there is no doubt about it.
CONVICTED? FOUND QUILTY? Those questions always remind me of Bill Murray's interview with the army recruiter in the movie Stripes........ :D

Latest resources

Back