Southwest announces MSP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DX Jake

Gary announced today that Southwest Airlines plans to begin service to Minneapolis-St. Paul (MSP) International Airport in March 2009. While we have not released specific service details or a timeline yet, we are planning a modest opening in MSP with initial service to only MDW this spring.

"Minneapolis-St. Paul’s strategic geographic location complements the vast Southwest Airlines network really well,” said Gary. “We have studied and been interested in serving Minneapolis-St. Paul for quite some time, and we look forward to bringing our low fares and legendary Customer Service to the people of Minnesota.”

Gary also reaffirmed that though we may not grow our overall available seat mile capacity in 2009, we do have new schedule planning tools which provide the ability to manage our fleet and to adjust our flight schedule in response to opportunities that present themselves. “Offering service to Minneapolis-St. Paul is an excellent opportunity for us to expand our service to a very popular market,” Gary added.

From Southwest’s home in the Lone Star State, to our newest city in the North Star State, Customers across America will benefit from Southwest Airlines’ new service to MSP.

How come this isn't on the Southwest press release page? Did he announce this in a bathroom stall or something? I thought these things are always predicated with weeks of talk of a "big announcent."

How come this isn't on the Southwest press release page? Did he announce this in a bathroom stall or something? I thought these things are always predicated with weeks of talk of a "big announcent."

It was. I'm disappointed that you missed it. Oh well.

Regards,

Juan

Latest resources

Back