• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest and their lack of pay raises and stock in their merger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There, I started a thread for Redflyer. You keep bashing ALPA, but you guys couldn't do any better during your merger with Airtran. You got zero pay raises, zero stock, and SWAPA had to bring in the big guns to talk down the Airtran MEC. I think you may want to look into ALPA, because SWAPA sure didn't seem to add much to your merger, accept Airtran guys in front of you.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

Did some Southwest pilot do so
Something to you ? You have a lot of anger towards them

Last edited:
WHAT?

I'd say SWAPA came out pretty good. Airtran guys are getting a raise that puts them above yours. Opinions on both side will vary, and it's over. Just like DL/NW is over, even after pissing off some NW guys. I'm pretty sure both sides are ready to move forward together. I know I am.

See you in Atlanta in about two weeks.

RF

The AT guys on the 717 kept AT pay, and the 737 Captains got bumped to FO, with no chance of going back to the seats in their own planes until 2015. And GK pulling the pay raise deal from the first offer away from the table even after the "locker room talk" was ridiculous. That won't be forgotten. Great way to foster unity.

I would say opinions due vary, but I would think the AT guys were thinking about the "prize", which was better pay and benefits, not thinking "I want to be a part of the SWA bunch." They weren't treated that well in the process. The Process Agreement stated they could go for arbitration, and then they couldn't.

I do hope to see you in ATL in two weeks, it will be fun to see if you can hold your speeds, not ask for short approaches, and to do normal speed taxis. You might be able to out taxi one of our 777s, but that won't make a difference, the Ground guy will give you your sequence.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

WHAT?

I'd say SWAPA came out pretty good. Airtran guys are getting a raise that puts them above yours. Opinions on both side will vary, and it's over. Just like DL/NW is over, even after pissing off some NW guys. I'm pretty sure both sides are ready to move forward together. I know I am.

See you in Atlanta in about two weeks.

RF

Um, most Airtran pilots aren't getting a raise for a long time. I will be taking a pay cut until 2015.

OYS, the premise of your post is ridiculous. DALPA secured significant pay raises because Delta and NWA were in the middle of the pack with their bankruptcy CBAs. The pay raises just got your pay up above bankruptcy levels, still well below SWA. And you think SWAPA should have secured similar gains even though their rates are at the top of the industry? You live in a fantasy world. I certainly agree with you that ALPA representation is superior to independent representation. But the way you frame your argument makes no sense. Look for better arguments.

Originally Posted by On Your Six
I think you may want to look into ALPA, because SWAPA sure didn't seem to add much to your merger, accept Airtran guys in front of you.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

What the heII does this mean? We should accept (as in embrace)the Airtran guys or except as in an exclution?

Where the he!! did you go to school?

I found this on a fancy contraption call the inner-net, er sumpin like that.

Definition of ACCEPT

transitive verb
a: to receive willingly <accept a gift> b: to be able or designed to take or hold (something applied or added) <a surface that will not accept ink>

: to give admittance or approval to <accept her as one of the group>

a: to endure without protest or reaction <accept poor living conditions> b: to regard as proper, normal, or inevitable <the idea is widely accepted> c: to recognize as true : believe <refused to accept the explanation>

Definition of EXCEPT

: with the exclusion or exception of <daily except Sundays>

.learners-link div.learners-link-content{ font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; padding: 0 5px 0 22px;}.learners-link div.learners-link-content a .word{ text-decoration: none;}.learners-link div.learners-link-content a:hover .word{ color: #5358a9; text-decoration: underline;}#content .definition div.d .learners-link a,#content .definition div.d .learners-link a:hover,#content .definition div.d .learners-link a:link,#content .definition div.d .learners-link a:visited{ color: black; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-variant: normal; font-size: 13px; text-decoration: none;} See except defined for English-language learners »

.wcentral-link div.wcentral-link-content{ font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; padding: 0 5px 0 0;}.wcentral-link div.wcentral-link-content a .word{ text-decoration: none;}.wcentral-link div.wcentral-link-content a:hover .word{ color: #5358a9; text-decoration: underline;}#content .definition div.d .wcentral-link a,#content .definition div.d .wcentral-link a:hover,#content .definition div.d .wcentral-link a:link,#content .definition div.d .wcentral-link a:visited{ color: black; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-variant: normal; font-size: 13px; text-decoration: none;}See except defined for kids »

Variants of EXCEPT

ex·cept also ex·cept·ing \-ˈsep-tiŋ\

.example-sentences ol.collapsed-list li.hidden{ display: none;}li.more-sent-link{ background: none;}#content .definition div.d li.more-sent-link a.more-link,#content .definition div.d li.more-sent-link a.hide-link{ color: #717274; font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none;}#content .definition div.d li.more-sent-link a.more-link:hover .text,#content .definition div.d li.more-sent-link a.hide-link:hover .text{ text-decoration: underline;}.example-sentences ol.expanded-list a.more-link,.example-sentences ol.collapsed-list a.hide-link{ display: none;}#content .definition div.d li.more-sent-link span.icon{ padding-right: 2px;}Examples of EXCEPT

1. The stores will be open daily except Sundays.
  2. <the store is open daily except Sundays>

Rookie nerd. I can guarantee you I've been in and out of ATL way more than you- I've done plenty of short approaches there, and you just sound like a geek thinking ATL is some kind of strange airport that will be difficult to operate in. Two things- ATC is all about moving metal- help them do that, and they'll help you. And 2- few corporations in the world understand people and relationships better than Swa-
We'll be fine. No matter how much you, the competition, wish we won't.
I do hope to see you in ATL in two weeks, it will be fun to see if you can hold your speeds, not ask for short approaches, and to do normal speed taxis. You might be able to out taxi one of our 777s, but that won't make a difference, the Ground guy will give you your sequence.
Godspeed! The OYSter

Latest resources

Back