• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest and shortcuts...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not to worry, the FAA already got rid of that unnecessary 2 minute wait behind 757s. Think of the fuel savings!

(...heavy sarcasm. I'm not a fan of wake turbulence nor the policies already in place to snap roll a plane in the name of expediency.)

I once had a SWA airplane behind me call ATC and ask that they give ME direct so they could go more direct. If I remember right, ATC cleared me direct DAS without even actually asking me. I was 20 min early so I said "nope".

Here's a question: How far above optimum do you guys go? Or is that ridiculous and I should be asking how far above MAX do you go?

BTW: I'm not looking forward to trying to share airspace with you SWA guys in the Carribbean and the Mexican Yucatan. Lot's of airports without actual radar and lot's of single runways. You guys are going to have to cut the crap...

BTW: I'm not looking forward to trying to share airspace with you SWA guys in the Carribbean and the Mexican Yucatan. Lot's of airports without actual radar and lot's of single runways. You guys are going to have to cut the crap...

Maybe you could pick it up a notch or two.

Sound like Texas. We will do just fine.

How many times has your airline been through Bankruptcy?

I'll help you out since your a clueless little twit.

1983 first time. Stayed in bankruptcy through 1986.
1990 second time. Stayed in bankruptcy through 1993
2009/2010. Many financial analysts were predicting a third bankruptcy. Wall Street basically felt it was merge or die.

For the better part of the last THIRTY YEARS, Continental has either been Bankrupt or about to go Bankrupt.

Yet this ignorant twit has the balz to mock SWA and question the safety and qualifications of SWA to operate in the same airspace. For many years throughout the 80's and 90's, the only pilots Continental could get to work for it were SCABS or pilots who had nowhere else to go. That is a fact.

Of all the jerks who have the audacity to question the professionalism of the SWA pilots, you are the last one who should be even going there.

Last edited:
Here's a question: How far above optimum do you guys go? Or is that ridiculous and I should be asking how far above MAX do you go?
QUOTE]

Above MAX what? Altitude? We stay a optimum dude. I've never seen any SW pilot go above that..sorry to burst you bubble.

RF

Um, it's not like Texas at all. These actually are other countries. Here's a free tidbit: The runways and taxiways aren't grooved. At the speeds you taxi at, you won't just slide off the hard surface, you'll end up in the water.

I'd like to think you'll be "just fine" but I happen to be able to recall Chase getting on here and asking questions about ETOPS to Cancun. So I have my doubts...

HTML:
[QUOTE][/QUOTE]

I'll help you out since your a clueless little twit.

1983 first time. Stayed in bankruptcy through 1986.
1990 second time. Stayed in bankruptcy through 1993
2009/2010. Many financial analysts were predicting a third bankruptcy. Wall Street basically felt it was merge or die.

For the better part of the last THIRTY YEARS, Continental has either been Bankrupt or about to go Bankrupt.

Yet this ignorant twit has the balz to mock SWA and question the safety and qualifications of SWA to operate in the same airspace. For many years throughout the 80's and 90's, the only pilots Continental could get to work for it were SCABS or pilots who had nowhere else to go. That is a fact.

Of all the jerks who have the audacity to question the professionalism of the SWA pilots, you are the last one who should be even going there.

Um, it's not like Texas at all. These actually are other countries. Here's a free tidbit: The runways and taxiways aren't grooved. At the speeds you taxi at, you won't just slide off the hard surface, you'll end up in the water.

I'd like to think you'll be "just fine" but I happen to be able to recall Chase getting on here and asking questions about ETOPS to Cancun. So I have my doubts...

Here is my whole post again you F@$ng GOMER. I am 99% sure you are either a SCAB or someone who had nowhere else to go. Either way you are an arrogant jerk and a loser.

Wow, nice job of losing it Sacha.

We went through BK as many times as it took to get rid of what Lorenzo did to this place. I don't see how you can take so much personal satisfaction in what Lorenzos and Ichans and other corporate raiders did to other airlines. You're one regime change from the same thing happening there. I sincerely hope that doesn't happen to SWA. However, I do question your professionalism as it relates to sharing airspace with other airlines. Completely! I don't think you have clue how some of these places you might go work, and I don't think you care to learn.

I like flying international for a lot of reasons, not the least of which is I don't have to be subjected to SWA antics. But I know that will change. Just do us all a favor: If ATC asks your position, and it's the 350 radial at 75 miles, then tell them you're on the 350 radial at 75 miles. Ok? If they ask you to slow, actually do it!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back