• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest and shortcuts...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sacha is right. We taxi on two engines because our Air Force trained flight ops managers don't think we can handle taxiing while the FO starts the other engine.

Crazy, huh?

Gup

I've suddenly lost all interest in the subject. I'm now a full proponent of the SWA Captain starting and shutting down both engines. Single engine taxi is indeed dangerous and it is unsafe for the FO to start or shut down an engine.

I'll sit quietly in the right seat and watch the blur of landscape speed by.

Ever see the commercial with Alec Baldwin doing the frequent flyer pitch? Please take note of the last scene where Baldwin touchs one of switches and the Captain freaks out...
That's why we rarely single-engine taxi...But we draw the line at wearing the dress coat in the cockpit.....leather jacket only please....even in PHX in august......

Ever see the commercial with Alec Baldwin doing the frequent flyer pitch? Please take note of the last scene where Baldwin touchs one of switches and the Captain freaks out...
That's why we rarely single-engine taxi...But we draw the line at wearing the dress coat in the cockpit.....leather jacket only please....even in PHX in august......

I have several dress coats .... All in paisley velvet.

I can't wait to start flinching towards the speedbrake with flaps extended. That will never, ever get old. For me anyway.

Latest resources

Back