Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Airlines to Acquire AirTran; Spreading Low Fares Farther 6:55 am - PR Newsw

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The eating bread and cutting himself is the funniest thing i've heard all week.

Poor little guy is gonna stroke out stomping his angry little foot before this is over.

So much for a alpa national job.......

I'm sure SWA will run Delta out of ATL. Just like they ran NWA out of MSP and DTW, and UAL out of SFO and DEN, and Delta out of SLC.

Curious how these claims are not made by SWA pilots but by regional lifers who've probably been turned down by both Delta and SWA and now live a life mired in bitterness and envy.

Life is too short. If you had that much business foresight you'd already be millionaires, not pooping out 5 legs a day in a CRJ.

Last edited:
Thank you sir. An excellent link. I think that we're all going to get along just fine.

On another note. PCL128 has been sighted; He emerged from a cupboard where he has been crouched since 7:30 this morning. It has been reported that he spent his time gorging on bread and making small cuts on his inner thigh. :D

Youse guys crack me up....and I agree.

I think we're all gonna get along just fine

As a regional pilot, I am not so happy with one fewer major airline choice to work for down the line - but at least I understand the rationale.

Did you really want to work for Airtran?

Jesus, Delta pilots just don't get it. Dude, look at your statement.

1. Delta isn't gonna be the largest airline as of Oct. 1. So I'll let you make that statement to Friday if that's what get's you hard. What on earth is Delta gonna do when they can't say, "World's Largest Airline". Fly us...."we're just that cool".

2. Atlanta is the busiest airport in the world. Ok....so what? ATL is a transfer point with little originating passengers. Those originating passengers are gonna go to SW unless they're international. But Delta get's a huge amount of money from passengers to airports like LGA, DCA, JFK, and MCO. Now SW is gonna eat your lunch. So if flying into ATL and saying "I fly into the world's busiest airport" puts a smile on your face, ok. Just remember that when you see nothing but orange flying around.

3. SWA earned 112 or so million for a quarter. You're saying because Delta pulled in 463 million that you're better? Remind me how much you lost over the last 5 years compared to SW. Again, can't see the forest from the trees.

4. Good luck

1) I was only stating that DAL is the biggest airline flying out of ATL (a fact that will remain unchanged after the UAL/CAL merger). Nevertheless, I honestly don't care about flying for the "biggest airline in the world." Bragging rights like that do nothing for me.

2) See nothing but orange? You mean "Barney Blue," right? Also, I see more UAL than SWA out of DEN. And I see WAAAAAY more DAL out of SLC than I see SWA. So I highly doubt SWA be pushing Delta around out of ATL (Delta's stronghold). The fact that SWA has had their way with Frontier and US Air doesn't mean anything when you consider the strength of DAL in ATL.

3) Kudos to SWA for making money when everyone else wasn't! That's awesome. My point was that DAL has an extremely competitive cost structure as evidenced by recent earnings. So yes, I think DAL is better at making money... for now. I think that's why SWA is pulling the trigger on this deal. They know they can't continue to compete with their current business model. This is a very bold, and desperate, move for them. They've caught merger fever...just like everyone else.

The intent of my original post was to shut up the retard who thinks SWA can push DAL out of ATL. I know SWA is a strong, well run company. I have many friends there. I'm not saying DAL will smash them. I'm just saying good luck pushing DAL out of ATL. Hell will freeze over before that happens.

Congrats to all the AAI folks. I am sure that both will get along very well. Good Luck!;)

And General...I think you just Pee'd a little down your pant leg....I'm just sayin? :laugh:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back