• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Airlines forced to ground 128 Boeing 737 airplanes for inspections

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey hey now!! My narrative never mention unsafe SW airlines!! But does afirm the fact that you all are bunch of cowboys!! And yes well paid and large bonus air Cowboys.

By the way, your own company safety calculation! I'm sure that was not adjust or fix just a hair here and there.....Cowboy!!

Last edited:
Hey hey now!! My narrative never mention unsafe SW airlines!! But does afirm the fact that you all are bunch of cowboys!! And yes well paid and large bonus air Cowboys.

By the way, your own company safety calculation! I'm sure that was not adjust or fix just a hair here and there.....Cowboy!!
Do you read?

The data was compiled by Jet Airliner Crash Data Evaluation Centre.

"Jacdec has become a global source for professional and accurate aviation safety information for the benefit of companies, aviation professionals, journalists and individual air-travelers."

And it was very clear what your insinuation was:

couple of Air cowboys, I mean SW pilots park a plane near a gas station (great poster), overran the runway because tailwind landings in winter conditions are fun (yuuuu peeeeee), prove that you can't make nose wheel landings (SW pilots don't go around) and KILL a kid (that's right 2nd degree man slaughter)."

Southwest has great people but your mx compliance department sucks!! How many inspections can one airline miss and still be "luved" by the public?

Do you read?

The data was compiled by Jet Airliner Crash Data Evaluation Centre.

"Jacdec has become a global source for professional and accurate aviation safety information for the benefit of companies, aviation professionals, journalists and individual air-travelers."

And it was very clear what your insinuation was:

couple of Air cowboys, I mean SW pilots park a plane near a gas station (great poster), overran the runway because tailwind landings in winter conditions are fun (yuuuu peeeeee), prove that you can't make nose wheel landings (SW pilots don't go around) and KILL a kid (that's right 2nd degree man slaughter)."

ALWAYS be careful with data, it does not reflect the entire picture. First of all, where is this data coming from? How reliable is it? etc.

My eye opener was a flight* on a POS (<- and that's a compliment) Mexican airline that was ironically called Aerolineas Internacionales, that thanks to humanity is no longer in operation. I think any African black-listed airline would have had better safety standards. But guess what? They never had an accident or reported incident. Guess how they would have showed up on this "safety ranking"?

* Don't ask. Worst decision in my life

Yeah, I'd bet "Aerolineas Internacionales" probably would not have made its way through an IOSA audit - you know its bad when the Mexican Feds yank your operating certificate.

However, after you "asterisking" your flight with a "don't ask", I now have to ask. How the hell?

ALWAYS be careful with data, it does not reflect the entire picture. First of all, where is this data coming from? How reliable is it? etc.
The Airline Safety Ranking System

For over 12 years we develop the annual list of the largest airlines in the world, sorted by their Safety Index.
Most often we were asked to what extent one can ever compare airlines that operate are in different regions with different business models.
Is it possible to compare different?
There are no two airlines, which were absolutely the same in all aspects. Nevertheless, it is the globalized system of civil aviation that in most parts of the globe rests entirely on similar foundations.
Certainly, the Index has its limitations and restrictions in terms of its meaningfullnes. So all Index data is based exclusively on past events. A reliable statement for future risks of certain airlines can be derived only indirectly.
Furthermore, not every airline can be evaluated by the index. The ranking is limited to larger airlines that have achieved a minimum size in relation to their flown passenger kilometres (RPK). Regional Airlines, air-taxi companies or cargo airlines are therefore not shown by the Safety Index.
Since the early days, JACDEC has expanded and strenghened the Safety Index continuously.
Today, the calculation resembles hardly the relatively simple mathematics of the early years.
It would have been unthinkable to provide this flood of data and information in short periods of time in the analog age.
Eight central criteria now play into the Index calculation. (..see Index Section)
Some of our allies are the many governmental and supranational institutions that made week after week a variety of flight safety documents public.
All information available, whether single accident analytics, or global studies are daily updated in our JACDEC-Database. Together with other renowned safety institutions, industry services and private websites to form the backbone of our quality.
We believe that the JACDEC index is not perfect, but currently the best tool to represent the complex subject of flight safety seriously.
Another note: Much more important than the placement within the ranking is the real Index Value of an airline. Often single rankings differ only in the per thounsand range. To derive a de facto safety difference from it, would be wrong. More clearly than anything else is the Safety Index best indicating how an airline has done in comparison to previous years when it comes to its safety performance.
Many happy landings
Jan-Arwed Richter | Christian Wolf

Latest resources

Back