Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

huronip

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/business/5437016.html

DENVER — Southwest Airlines has scheduled a news conference for Wednesday and is expected to announce an expansion of its Denver service. Chief Executive Officer Gary Kelly will be joined for the announcement by Mayor John Hickenlooper. Southwest spokeswoman Marilee McInnis declined additional comment Tuesday. The airline said Denver is one of its fastest-growing cities with 56 daily flights, up from 13 when it launched service in January 2006 at Denver International Airport. Dallas-based Southwest competes with United and Frontier airlines at DIA, an aggressive battle which has benefited customers by forcing lower fares.

Guess this is the "BIG" announcement on the 9th.

While I would never wish any bad news to all of my friends over at SWA, it would suit me just fine if the big announcement was that they hate denver and were pulling out all aircraft as of the 10th!

We at F9 have held our own and actually profitted on a lot of the competing routes with Southwest, but our current state of the airline is not stellar. Increased competition is not the greatest news at DIA. Sure wish we had that 25 million pissed away on lynx to help buffer $100 oil. Circling the wagons at denver, again, might blow up in our faces.

Wave the "white flag", along with UAL. Domestic is not where the money is... I've heard San Juan, Santiago, Buenos Aires, Montevideo. North/South, that's what I'm all about...

Look out United here they come. Every time I see the SWA guys land in SFO it sends a chill down my spine....

I don't think anyone has to worry about Southwest coming to town to kill them. Its more like getting the flu...you just keep doing the same thing you always do except you feel like sh!t (yields in the sh!tter for everyone). Oh well.

I don't think anyone has to worry about Southwest coming to town to kill them. Its more like getting the flu...you just keep doing the same thing you always do except you feel like sh!t (yields in the sh!tter for everyone). Oh well.

Keep doing the same thing... Charging higher fares... That's what it's all about, jarhead. Don't you get it?? It's not like the flu, cause we're here to stay. That could be terminal...

USMC319, I'm going to kill the DEN pax with kindness & hospitalty, can you say the same?? Collect your paycheck & go home, bro/keep your fingers crossed... cause we are here in full force...,

USMC319, I'm going to kill the DEN pax with kindness & hospitalty, can you say the same?? Collect your paycheck & go home, bro/keep your fingers crossed... cause we are here in full force...,

I see you've perfected the SWA swagger and arrogance. :puke:

.. That's what it's all about, jarhead. Don't you get it?? It's not like the flu, cause we're here to stay. That could be terminal...

Well...it looks like we smoked out a couple of Southwest's finest. Good show boys. I didn't mean to get your pantys in a wad by using my "flu" analogy. For you ERU grads, let me say it a different way; More competition at one of the highest cost airports in the country is not good for anyone's bottom line. I guess UAL is cutting back domestic capacity so SWA is there to pick it up.

In any event, when guys like you start your arrogant crap it shows bad on you personally and your peers at SWA. So take a little lesson in history and just be a little humble about the success your company is currently enjoying. To hope that another airline becomes "terminal" is not only unclassy it also shows a lack of character.

Latest resources

Back