• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Air eyes acquisition as economy slows

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
my man, you just made my point...nothing will loosen NWA's hold on MSP, including any invasion by SWA....except a merger!! - written by the tool himself

NO I THINK THIS WAS YOUR POINT..And yes you are a freaking tool.

do you REALLY think NWA, who has kept SWA out of MSP for how long now, will allow Sun Country to be bought by SWA? NWA has all the MN politicians in its pocket.

If Sun Country were attainable, SWA would have bought it up last time it got sold (quite recently), or FAR earlier.

This is not even remotely possible unless the DAL/NWA merger happens.

Look Kido if SWA, AAI or whoever wanted to buy Sun Country they easily could. The Fund that used to own this wash their hands of them and sold them back to the guy who originally got them out of bankruptcy .....he is trying desperately to sell them because they are losing man with a very weak balance sheet.

DO YOU GET IT NOW?????

I would bet Sun Country is for sale if the price is right.
It is a privately held company, and with it's small size I don't know how any politician would have grounds to object or have any antitrust issues.

I would bet Sun Country is for sale if the price is right.
It is a privately held company, and with it's small size I don't know how any politician would have grounds to object or have any antitrust issues.

Everything is for sale if the price is right. Rumor has it (like there is anything else on this board) that SW offered AT $1.2 billion for the airline and AT said they would start talking at $2.5 billion.

Same rumor source - integration would be that AT captains get date of hire/pay protection and the FO's are integrated on a 1 to 4 ratio.

Now there's a juicy rumor. Probably not even close to accurate but juicy none the less.

Last edited:
Everything is for sale if the price is right. Rumor has it (like there is anything else on this board) that SW offered AT $1.2 billion for the airline and AT said they would start talking at $2.5 billion.

I heard it was 1.4. Now they are going the LBO route. I hear that SWA is dying to get their hands on that ICT market.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back