Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Really though, when there are no lines is there any
advantage to single engine taxi ??

uhhh.....yeah. if it's over 3 minutes from towbar gone to takeoff, hell yeah. that's over 50% of the time for the places I go to. not to even mention ground telling of a slot time once you call for taxi

here's an equation for ya: time to the end of the runway - time to start and warm up engine. If that even gets you just one minute its anywhere from 1 to 5 gallons saved.

Actually the first 2 bags are free along with other stuff. Charging for babysitting, 3rd bag and fido is not unreasonable.

Really though, when there are no lines is there any advantage to single engine taxi ??

Yes, much. I'm sure the data is there. You might be number one in DEN and 10 minute taxi at least. Many other places (long list) our terminal is at one end of the runway, if taking off other direction, how long is taxi? If more than 3 -4 minutes, then big advantage to single engine taxi. Add up five minutes of engine time at idle per flight per day and I would bet savings is pretty significant.

Actually the first 2 bags are free along with other stuff. Charging for babysitting, 3rd bag and fido is not unreasonable.

AGREED!

I would gladly pay the fee for the UM and the animal. The responsiblity is priceless. Having a third bag (in my opinion) is excess anyways.

They recently raised the advance purchase tickets prices held them for a week. Probably saw a sharp drop off in advance booking and lower the prices. Now they have to look at a new way of generating revenue in order to remain profitable. They are no longer the low cost carrier.

Industry forces Southwest to add fees for pets, baggage and unaccompanied minors

Southwest Airlines, which has long bragged of no hidden fees, joined other carriers fighting industry economic challenges and grouped several fees into one announcement today, the Dallas News reported. The airline will allow small cats and dogs as carry-on items and charge $75 each way.....
Is allowing dogs and cats as carry-ons a new policy that comes with a charge or were they previously allowed free and are now being charged? If the former, then this is not a very good indicator of SWA following the herd.

Latest resources

Back