• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southern Company Services

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That is the exact number I heard and you will do 6 to 8 legs a day. I had a good friend that always wanted to work there and finally got on with them and was there 6 months and just couldn't stand it.

I have a friend that flew for them. Lots of legs around the Southeast. I don't know about the pay, but they do have a product that everybody needs (and you don't have any choice but to buy from them).

Nope--45s at the present. I think one of the pilots told me they were looking at 60s for some point in the future--could be wrong--

"Premier Job"

That is the exact number I heard and you will do 6 to 8 legs a day. I had a good friend that always wanted to work there and finally got on with them and was there 6 months and just couldn't stand it.

Very curious to hear more details on why he "couldn't stand it". I know two guys that worked for Southern Company (aka SoCo). Both claim it was one of the "Premier Jobs" in aviation. Both left for "better gigs", not because they didn't like working there. One went to FedEx and the other is flying Gulfstreams. Even the FedEx guy claims the only thing better about the purple is the money.

I have known both guys for years and respect their opinions. In fact, they both had me convienced that SoCo is where I needed to work. They both used their inside connections to try and get me on with them, but I have never even been able to interview. I get the feeling they may "pre-hire" over there, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, I would love to hear more details on why your bud left. I have always heard they have a top-notch organization. Good pay, pension, health care and schedule. Also, my friends claim they have never let a pilot go in their 40 year history (due to hard times or down sizing).

Cheers,

Hawg

Very curious to hear more details on why he "couldn't stand it". I know two guys that worked for Southern Company (aka SoCo). Both claim it was one of the "Premier Jobs" in aviation. Both left for "better gigs", not because they didn't like working there. One went to FedEx and the other is flying Gulfstreams. Even the FedEx guy claims the only thing better about the purple is the money.

I have known both guys for years and respect their opinions. In fact, they both had me convienced that SoCo is where I needed to work. They both used their inside connections to try and get me on with them, but I have never even been able to interview. I get the feeling they may "pre-hire" over there, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, I would love to hear more details on why your bud left. I have always heard they have a top-notch organization. Good pay, pension, health care and schedule. Also, my friends claim they have never let a pilot go in their 40 year history (due to hard times or down sizing).

Cheers,

Hawg

Have you applied via their website? Not much pre-hiring going on at large companies these days. Knowing someone might get you an interview, but the HR people in most big corporations have a big say in the process these days. SoCo is no exception. If you interview there you will interview with HR people and pilots.

Cheers,

Hawg

I totally agreee with you about the stability of the company which is a big deal. But, i would also ceck with the pilots who you have talked to and see if they are senior. The senior jobs and the newbie jobs are 180 degrees apart.

I totally agreee with you about the stability of the company which is a big deal. But, i would also ceck with the pilots who you have talked to and see if they are senior. The senior jobs and the newbie jobs are 180 degrees apart.

Choppy,

You have a great point. Both guys I knew were Chf Pilots when they left 7-10 years ago.

Also, I was in an FBO today chatting with a Citation driver and he too had heard that SoCo worked their guys pretty hard. First I have heard of it (am certainly not in the know however) in fact, the information I had received was that those guys didn't spend many nights away from home. Of course, that doesn't mean they don't have a lot of very long days.

At any rate, I would still love to hear some more details about your friends experience. PM me if you want to chat off line, but I sincerely would like to hear the full scoop...

Much Thanks

Hawg

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back