• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southern Air?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How many days off minimum in a month, you guys got on your new contract?

still max of 10 days off (11 on 31 day months). I've averaged 16 days working in 2006 so far. But Oct, Nov, Dec is our heavy season and I've worked 16 in Oct, 20 in Nov and "scheduled" for 17 in Dec.

The biggest change was the inception of a "trip rig", which hits the company in the pocketbook once you hit 17 days. Goes from a 60 hour guarantee to up to a 70 hour guarantee at 20 days. Then after that, significant $$ costs to keep you out.

Well, Aren't they going to have a class in January?

One rumor says a class of 30, and another rumor says "no". Don't know. I'm not an "insider". Based upon what I've seen in the bid packages, my money is still on a January class. That's about as definitive as I can get without outright lying.

The big speculation is that all of these newly acquired aircraft will go into some sort of acceptance check (we are still flying some with former registration numbers - something we ordinarily never do) and (hopefully) an FMS upgrade. This could mitigate the need for the extra crews on the payroll for a while. But all of that is just rumor - at best.

What I feel I can say with some certainty - is that whether it is in January or April, we will need at least one more big class. Both pilots and PFE's.

Have I "weaseled" and "obfuscated" enough?

What about recurrent classes? Are them scheduling on your days off or is part of your days on?
Are all your 747's FMS and EFIS equiped?
Do you guys have on board laptops if performance softwares and/or weight and balance programs?
Happy Hollidays

What about recurrent classes? Are them scheduling on your days off or is part of your days on?
Are all your 747's FMS and EFIS equiped?
Do you guys have on board laptops if performance softwares and/or weight and balance programs?
Happy Hollidays

During your recurrent month, special recurrent lines are built that you bid on. You get the same amount of days off as usual then fly what's left after the 7 days of recurrent. Plan on minimum guarantee that month.

No. One with a SUD, carousels, full glass, and FMS/PMS/GPS. One with carousels and FMS and half-glass and GPS. Three with carousels and FMS and no glass, but with GPS. One with carousels and PMS, no GPS. Two junk ex-Atlas (509MC/534MC) (I think a Polar guy urinated on the cockpit carpet in one of them - whew - stinky)with Littons and no GPS. (There is a 9th and I think it is the sister ship to the SUD with full glass, FMS/PMS/GPS.) What's worse is 2 A/C have no oven. Cold sandwiches anyone?

Sorry if I laughed out loud at your laptop question.

Basically it is a bastardized fleet... There is no standardization across the fleet. The differences bulletins comprise nearly half of one of the AOM volumes. Maybe we will eventually have FMS units in all the planes. We have laptops onboard, but they are for maintenance manuals.

It is a great place to fly but there have been growing pains to say the least. Scheduling and maintenance can hardly keep up. Heard the Janurary class has been cancelled, but who knows it may still happen.

BTW, a Group II aircraft is a jet with a TOGW over 41,000 lbs, if I remember right. If you meet the requirements send in a resume, you might get a call!

Is this you folks, how big a DC10 fleet are they planning?This came from registaion web site and it shows a Southern Air buying a NWA DC10.date shown is Dec 12 .
Hub: Hartford | IATA: 9S | ICAO: SOO | details
C/NMSNlast updatemodelregistrationremarksformer airlineformer reg.delivered to13246579DC-10-30N221NWStored at Marana (MZJ) / to be convertedNorthwest AirlinesHB-IHESwissair

Seriously, are Gillies and Llanos still there? This will be of concern to those of us that are old SAT.

Latest resources

Back