• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southern Air Systems

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I spoke with them i was not really happy with what they had to offer. They pay you in pennies and really cant go anywhere with that position

WOW !
RSixer said:
My current co-pilot used to fly for them. He did not like it at all, QOL, pay,etc, all sucked. What really shocked me was that the entire time he was there, he never got to touch the controls of the aircraft as a FO, apparently they are there strictly to raise the gear.

Got a call today (6:10 PM at the dinner table....nice touch) for a First Officer position. Pay starts in low 20s. Half way through the call he started asking me about the Lear 55 position I had. I have never flown a Lear in my life. He states the secretary must have screwed up. "So tell me about your background" The guy took the time to call me, but didn't even have my resume in front of him. Sounds like all the rumors are true about this place.

Yeah they don't really care unless you have a heart beat. And even then you will be over qualified compared to the guys in the management. I would recommend to stear clear. The juice ain't worth the squeeze.

PS, they tell you the pay start in the 20's but then they end up paying in the high teens. they lie about everything to make it look a lot better than it really is.

A while back I inquired about the CE-650 co-captain job they posted about a hundred times. Low 20's to start......not even close to industry average. They just posted on climbto350 AGAIN looking for copilots, and Beechjet and Hawker captains due to "rapid growth". From what I've seen and heard about this place, run away FAST.

One possiblity for the "rapid growth" is that they are low-balling their management fees and are able to do this because they are low-balling their pilot overhead. This is just speculation on my part.

This ultimately will cause an implosion.

Your dead on the money. They low ball their management fees. What they do is horrible maintenance, and then the plane has to stay in maintenance. They over charge on the maintenance and make up for the low management fee. And PS the pay is extremely low. Jet caps make in the low thirties to the mid thirties.

There reason for the rapid growth is not the acquisition of aircraft, its because they fire their pilots so fast. A buddy of mine just got fired, for no apparent reason. PS they like you to be the aircraft cleaner as well. Can you imagine a jet captain detailing the jet, ha, yeah right!

Shame on people working for low wages flying turbine equipment. I hope their safety officer is reading this, because this can be part of the "chain of events" for an accident.

When that happens, there is an exodus of customers and the house of cards falls down.

Caveat emptor!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back