Southern Air Systems

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sas

I agree TOTALLY with the previous posts on these people. Not professional (lotsa trash talk about female pax & employees by pilots); wishy-washy managment; little to no over-sight by owner (most people never see him, from what I've been told by those who are unfortunate enough to work there!). AVOID - AVOID - AVOID!!! PAY SUCKS ALSO.

Buddy1958 said:
I agree TOTALLY with the previous posts on these people. Not professional (lotsa trash talk about female pax & employees by pilots); wishy-washy managment; little to no over-sight by owner (most people never see him, from what I've been told by those who are unfortunate enough to work there!). AVOID - AVOID - AVOID!!! PAY SUCKS ALSO.
How do those points differ from any aviation company? FWIW there was a former CFI I worked with that went there and we was happy there. Quick upgrade and type - akin to the "regionals" if you want to move on to a good corporate gig quickly from what I understand. I haven't seen him post on here in a looooong time though.

SAS called me for an interview last August, however I was in ground school at another company. It was for the 604.

Sas

Don't go to southern air, it sucks. The planes sucks. They lie about the pay. I'd rather work at Taco Bell then fly captain on one of their jets. The management is a joke. There is no organization. They really have no idea of how to run a company, except for straight down. The feds hate them too. It is run by a bunch of low lives that can't seem to be able to get a job anywhere else!

My current co-pilot used to fly for them. He did not like it at all, QOL, pay,etc, all sucked. What really shocked me was that the entire time he was there, he never got to touch the controls of the aircraft as a FO, apparently they are there strictly to raise the gear.

Latest resources

Back