South Florida Jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

G3G4

I have been talking to some friends out there doing contract work in the south east and Most of them told me that most of the companies have offered full time jobs and most of them turned it down. What Im seeing is that for the guys that Lost they full time jobs earlier and now are doing contract, kinda got used to the time off, and being able to pick and choose who they fly for, or dealing with management etc. I have been hearing of a few jobs in the area. But none of them wanna type or want you to pay for type. Which I dont recommend. If your willing to invest your time with these people they should invest in you aswell
My two cents

Nothing new here, South Florida has always been a wasteland for pilot jobs, 135 or 91. You can count the decent or reputable operators on the fingers of one hand. Everybody feels like they're allowing you the "privilege" of flying for them, so anything goes. Problem is, there will always be someone willing to take a $h1tty gig down there.

Nothing new here, South Florida has always been a wasteland for pilot jobs, 135 or 91. You can count the decent or reputable operators on the fingers of one hand. Everybody feels like they're allowing you the "privilege" of flying for them, so anything goes. Problem is, there will always be someone willing to take a $h1tty gig down there.

Sad but oh so true...

There's a whole lot more GREAT companies/families (Part 91) to work for in South Florida, perhaps the BEST jobs anywhere.......but you're also right, there's a ton of scumbag operators too.

There's a whole lot more GREAT companies/families (Part 91) to work for in South Florida, perhaps the BEST jobs anywhere......
I'm sure there are, I believe one of the first flight departments to receive ISBAO certification is a Gulfstream operator in S. Fla. But it's still the exception rather the norm. I'm originally from South Florida and would have loved to remain there but no part of my professional career has been there for that very reason.

I'm sure there are, I believe one of the first flight departments to receive ISBAO certification is a Gulfstream operator in S. Fla. But it's still the exception rather the norm. I'm originally from South Florida and would have loved to remain there but no part of my professional career has been there for that very reason.

My friend flys a Global Part 91 and they are also ISBAO cert., I think they got it last year sometime.

Latest resources

Back