• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

South Florida Jobs

G3G4

Total Time
I have been talking to some friends out there doing contract work in the south east and Most of them told me that most of the companies have offered full time jobs and most of them turned it down. What Im seeing is that for the guys that Lost they full time jobs earlier and now are doing contract, kinda got used to the time off, and being able to pick and choose who they fly for, or dealing with management etc. I have been hearing of a few jobs in the area. But none of them wanna type or want you to pay for type. Which I dont recommend. If your willing to invest your time with these people they should invest in you aswell
My two cents

hawkerflyer

Total Time
9500+
Nothing new here, South Florida has always been a wasteland for pilot jobs, 135 or 91. You can count the decent or reputable operators on the fingers of one hand. Everybody feels like they're allowing you the "privilege" of flying for them, so anything goes. Problem is, there will always be someone willing to take a $h1tty gig down there.

StarHustler

Go Mountaineers!
Total Time
1 Mill
Nothing new here, South Florida has always been a wasteland for pilot jobs, 135 or 91. You can count the decent or reputable operators on the fingers of one hand. Everybody feels like they're allowing you the "privilege" of flying for them, so anything goes. Problem is, there will always be someone willing to take a $h1tty gig down there.

Sad but oh so true...

Fly91

Registered Pilot
Total Time
lots

There's a whole lot more GREAT companies/families (Part 91) to work for in South Florida, perhaps the BEST jobs anywhere.......but you're also right, there's a ton of scumbag operators too.

hawkerflyer

Total Time
9500+
There's a whole lot more GREAT companies/families (Part 91) to work for in South Florida, perhaps the BEST jobs anywhere......
I'm sure there are, I believe one of the first flight departments to receive ISBAO certification is a Gulfstream operator in S. Fla. But it's still the exception rather the norm. I'm originally from South Florida and would have loved to remain there but no part of my professional career has been there for that very reason.

Fly91

Registered Pilot
Total Time
lots
I'm sure there are, I believe one of the first flight departments to receive ISBAO certification is a Gulfstream operator in S. Fla. But it's still the exception rather the norm. I'm originally from South Florida and would have loved to remain there but no part of my professional career has been there for that very reason.

My friend flys a Global Part 91 and they are also ISBAO cert., I think they got it last year sometime.