• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

sound familiar?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Most college professors have pensions, healthcare and some long-term care available with their retirement packages. All taxpayer funded and a Democrat vote in the next election to boot. Why they stay, who knows. Maybe they have no other life outside teaching and cannot handle not being in a position of authority. That is quickly negated by the spouse. Sound familiar?

Most college professors have pensions, healthcare and some long-term care available with their retirement packages. All taxpayer funded and a Democrat vote in the next election to boot. Why they stay, who knows. Maybe they have no other life outside teaching and cannot handle not being in a position of authority. That is quickly negated by the spouse. Sound familiar?

I agree, pilots in their 30's think retirement is a financial decision but when they turn near 60 it's much more a psychological decision hence most stay on. It's very hard to give up command and say it's over.

College professor... Let me make sure I remember college correctly.

Class three days a week with summer off. New batch of young woman every year. Cancel lectures at will. Academic freedom to lecture on the lawn or the bar. Oh and by class I mean one hour three days a week.

They make a senior captain with 19 days off look like a blue collar factory grinder.

Heck I can't remember why I left.

I agree, pilots in their 30's think retirement is a financial decision but when they turn near 60 it's much more a psychological decision hence most stay on. It's very hard to give up command and say it's over.

I agree with B727Driver, but disagree with your asumptions...pilots in their 30's think retirement is a psychological goal,...but when they near 60, it's much more a financial decision as they have kids' college expenses covered, but now face kids' wedding expenses. Thus it's very hard to give up command and say it's over.

Psychologically can't give up command?! I'm pretty sure you just described insecure command.... Certainly some level of non normal insecurity. No surprise Prussian agrees in some way. Too bad some pilot starting out has to do without a job or increase while you guys sort out things in your mellons.

College professor... Let me make sure I remember college correctly.

Class three days a week with summer off. New batch of young woman every year. Cancel lectures at will. Academic freedom to lecture on the lawn or the bar. Oh and by class I mean one hour three days a week.

They make a senior captain with 19 days off look like a blue collar factory grinder.

Heck I can't remember why I left.

That's funny!

I agree with B727Driver, but disagree with your asumptions...pilots in their 30's think retirement is a psychological goal,...but when they near 60, it's much more a financial decision as they have kids' college expenses covered, but now face kids' wedding expenses. Thus it's very hard to give up command and say it's over.

You know that almost sounds like you're making a joke. It's so absurd!

Do yourself a favor, your kids aren't dumb. If they haven't figured it out the soon will. In an age of unemployment and underemplyment, their father fashioned himself into an OVER emplyment scenario on the backs of others! You're a cake eater, and they are going to fugure that out. The fancy album full of pictures from an overproduced wedding isn't going to mean what it should when they get a little older.....

Latest resources

Back