Sorry...had to brag a bit....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
had to brag?

Had to brag? "ATA lost money in 2001 but, unlike most U.S. competitors, operated profitably until the fourth quarter. It was in the black for the first quarter of 2002 but expects operating losses in the second quarter and for the full year. "

Sounds like ATA has things wired. Can't wait to hear what they say when they actually turn a profit!

OOCH!!

Bluesuiter - where's the love, man?

Guess we know where you DON'T want to work. Care to give us ATA guys your name?

As far as the loss of money in the second quarter....the company has chosen to use "time-honored creative accounting practices" to write off the entire value of the 727 fleet putdown in the 2nd. quarter.

Also they are writing off the entire value of the signing bonus for the pilot's new contract in the second quarter as well, even though it will be distributed through 5 quarterly payments.

So, that big chunk of change (32 million ) will be recorderd as a loss in one big write off.

As far as the loan guarantees....ATA has filed for them....it is not a handout from the government....we get no money from them. What we get is the govt. assurance of covering our loans in the case of default. With that in place we get a much more favorable access to credit markets and interest rates.

Pretty Smart!!

As far as the loan guarantees....ATA has filed for them....it is not a handout from the government....we get no money from them. What we get is the govt. assurance of covering our loans in the case of default. With that in place we get a much more favorable access to credit markets and interest rates.

Sounds pretty smart to me. Can hardly wait for a class date after my release from the USAF in October.

Is the contract at ATA actually settled yet? And do they plan to start hiring again if it is settled? I know you guys are short of pilots.

-Menace

We're voting now. Results should be out on the evening of the 16th. With about six or seven new airplanes to be delivered later this year, I would guess we need to be hiring more. However there is no official word other than the classes that have already been announced and filled.

Latest resources

Back