Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CopilotDoug

Captain of Industry
And Mesaba too. Heck, I'm feeling compassionate today, so I'll even throw the Mesa pilots in there, too. While Mesa and Mesaba have or are in the process of furloughing, it sounds like Furloughs are coming for CMR too. It's a tough job market out there right now, especially if you're a pilot. If it's any consolation...at least the jobs at Mother Delta are secure. I'm sure ALPA fought just as hard to secure Regional jobs as they did to secure Mainline jobs. But then again, maybe not. As the Regional Pilots are constantly reminded, their ALPA Representation is subsidized in large part by Mainline. In retrospect, I guess ALPA really has to look out for its own best interests. It wouldn't make good financial sense to cut ALPA funding by reducing the six-figure mainline jobs, when it would make more financial sense to "lighten their load" by sacrificing the Regional Lift. Just part of paying dues, I guess. Either way, rest assured that ALPA did all they could...really did some thinking "outside the box" in looking for ways to mitigate furloughs at the regional level.

Again...sorry to the latest group of pilots to get furloughed...hang in there.

Your a tool.... Plenty of cuts will be coming Delta's way in the next 18 months and then they can look forward to working at Compass or somewhere else. Your pity sounds self serving.

And Mesaba too. Heck, I'm feeling compassionate today, so I'll even throw the Mesa pilots in there, too. While Mesa and Mesaba have or are in the process of furloughing, it sounds like Furloughs are coming for CMR too. It's a tough job market out there right now, especially if you're a pilot. If it's any consolation...at least the jobs at Mother Delta are secure. I'm sure ALPA fought just as hard to secure Regional jobs as they did to secure Mainline jobs. But then again, maybe not. As the Regional Pilots are constantly reminded, their ALPA Representation is subsidized in large part by Mainline. In retrospect, I guess ALPA really has to look out for its own best interests. It wouldn't make good financial sense to cut ALPA funding by reducing the six-figure mainline jobs, when it would make more financial sense to "lighten their load" by sacrificing the Regional Lift. Just part of paying dues, I guess. Either way, rest assured that ALPA did all they could...really did some thinking "outside the box" in looking for ways to mitigate furloughs at the regional level.

You are another ALPA basher! Have you been in a cave? This economic downturn is the worst we have had since the Depression, and there is a strong possibility that it will surpass the Depression.

Join another cause, because your rhetoric is misguided and shows myopic vision and shallow cognitive ability. Watch out for those creatures in your closet and under your bed when your mommy turns out the light at night! GROWL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>!

This is total flamebait, but FYI, there are already 300 pilots and 150 flight attendants on furlough at Comair.

If you're going to flamebait, at least get your twisted facts close to reality.

:rolleyes:

This is total flamebait, but FYI, there are already 300 pilots and 150 flight attendants on furlough at Comair.

And from what I've read on here, their ALPA decided to let 60-100 of them get furloughed instead of adjusting block hours, offering volunteer furloughs or fight for part time pilot status.
Way to go ALPO!

Scapegoat said:
Plenty of cuts will be coming Delta's way in the next 18 months and then they can look forward to working at Compass or somewhere else.
Is that the flowback you're speaking of...where the lowly regional pilot gets to eat crow yet AGAIN?

I'm aware of this...I know a few pilots who got clipped the first time around.

Wayback gets what I'm talking about. Seems ALPA's negotiating abilities in tough times are limited to paycuts, and the implementation there of.

If there were flowthrough agreements between all the majors and there code sharing regional partners, youd here shouts of joy at every regional crew room.... no interview, no scrutiny, no competetion with military pilots, majors here we come!

If there were flowthrough agreements between all the majors and there code sharing regional partners, youd here shouts of joy at every regional crew room.... no interview, no scrutiny, no competetion with military pilots, majors here we come!

Lots of military guys at regionals Brown. When you try to flame, at least do it right.

Accuracy counts.

Latest resources

Back