• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Song's IFE?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not on all of the aircraft---I think 12-15 out of 36---but SUPPOSEDLY they will continue to outfit the rest here soon. They may not be expanding Song anymore, but they are still planning to use the current 36 757s against you guys (Jetblue). Thanks for caring though!

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes: ;)

I flew on a DAL 737 from ATL-TUL that had the flip down screen. Watched "Fraiser", "King of Queens" and an aweful foreign joke show consisting of fart soundS, et cetera. I thought it was pretty good IFE and screens were easy to see.

I took the wife to our favorite Bistro last week. We probably go there 3-4 times a month. They have yet to offer free drinks and dinner for our loyalty!! What is wrong with this world!!!

And, another time, we showed up 15 minutes before closing and they would not serve us dinner!!! I need the writer King "protector of the irresponsible and self centered" to address this bad treatment and hostile policy to the dining public!!!!

Thanks General for the info. I wasn't trying to flame or get your dander up, I was having a 5-6 beer airline discussion and needed some info. I knew where to get it. Later.

U NO IT

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes:

If anybody cares, I've had 5 flights on Song and 3 had the IFE. It's been a couple of years since I've flown JBLU, but I thought the Song IFE was superior. Excellent picture, on screen touch menu very easy to use, and lots of choices. Also, when I flew JBLU I remember the TV losing the signal multiple times while being vectored into JFK. My last trip on Song we were vectored all over the place going into LGA and it never lost the signal.

I do think Song is waste of money though. It just seems like Delta with IFE to me. My biggest complaint, though, is the FA's won't get off the PA. They thanked everyone for flying Song about 10 times during the flight. Not really appreciated on a 7am flight when people are trying to sleep or watch the TV's.

My employer, and I think most leisure travelers, are making flight choices based on the cheapest ticket-Period. It might of been a better choice to put some more seats in your Delta 757's and keep the same paint on the outside. But what do I know?:)

fracflyer,

Our new CEO is looking into that right now---he never was a fan of two different brands at Delta. As far as the stews or "talent" as they call themselves (?)----there are scripts they follow, and I don't know exactly who they are targeting with them. It will be interesting to watch what happens with that program---I also wish they would bring those IFE systems to mainline---but that would cost big $$$$$, and I might have to take a 50% pay cut in the process......

Bye Bye---General Lee:rolleyes:

IB6 UB9 said:
Thanks General for the info. I wasn't trying to flame or get your dander up, I was having a 5-6 beer airline discussion and needed some info. I knew where to get it. Later.

Hey...I thought "I" had the exclusive rights to heckling The General about Song IFE? What gives man?

Just joking of course.....

Hey GL, haven't seen any Song stuff here lately, eh?

Take Care Pal.

JB320

Jetblue320,

No, thank God. I do wonder what Grinstein will do---he doesn't like two seperate brands---why didn't he say anything when he was just on the board of directors? He was probably busy back in SEA---and I heard he bought Bill Gates previous SEA home recently. He has some bucks....And now he is moving to ATL (or buying a house here).

And, we actually got a good testimonial from fracflyer.......he probably is right about the stew PA's---they are interesting....but hey---they are our "talent".....

Take care bud.....

Bye Bye---General Lee;) :cool:

General Lee said:
Jetblue320,

No, thank God. I do wonder what Grinstein will do---he doesn't like two seperate brands---why didn't he say anything when he was just on the board of directors? He was probably busy back in SEA---and I heard he bought Bill Gates previous SEA home recently. He has some bucks....And now he is moving to ATL (or buying a house here).

And, we actually got a good testimonial from fracflyer.......he probably is right about the stew PA's---they are interesting....but hey---they are our "talent".....

Take care bud.....

Bye Bye---General Lee;) :cool:

I know, I know. He (Grin) should've spoke up sooner. Not that Song wasn't a good idea, it certainly was/is. They have/had all the right direction but maybe lacked the conviction. I mean, I know it's just on hold and not or far from dead, but maybe it was an executive decision he didn't give much thought to at the time. Anyhoo....I hope he enjoys his new home and can lead you guys out of the woods.

C ya

Latest resources

Back