Song Sung Dead?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
right

That is pretty much right on target Medflyer.

If you gimmy around the cost side to make it look like an LCC and still do not make money, then it is time to go back to the drawing board.

Secondly, if you think that there is a systemic change in America airline travel, would you not want long term solutions. The bootom line of the last two years is that the big got weaker and the little got bigger and have a significant marketshare.

This constantly thinking everything is brinkmanship is constantly detrimental to the future of this business.

Over in the hypothetical airline thread, I point out how little a part the pilots play in the success or failure of the carrier. As I said there, that is not trying to knock the pilots, just point out that there are so many other management decisions made all the time that have a tremendous impact on the airline, the pilot problems are relatively minor and they make but a small part of the overall workforce.

Medflyer and Publishers,

I don't know if you have access to the Delta "Travel Net" that has the bookings and loads, but it sure does look like Song is full---and that is often. My flights have always been close to full, and I just checked LGA--FLL (for example) and all 4 flights are negative capacity,(totally full).(especially on weekends and Fridays) This Spring will be likely full---due to the cold weather up North, and the warm weather in FLA. I think Grinstein wants to take a look at the whole deal---and see if it merrits expanding it further, but as of right now it isn't going anywhere.

Publishers is correct when it comes to the pilots and their pay cuts, overall Management has to make other important decisions on how to run this airline successfully. I do admit that we do need to bring down costs somewhat, but there has to be other decisions made on how to compete.

Bye Bye--General Lee;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back